Author Topic: HERE ARE THE 12 NEW STEALTH AIRCRAFT CURRENTLY HEADING TOWARD SERVICE  (Read 83 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HERE ARE THE 12 NEW STEALTH AIRCRAFT CURRENTLY HEADING TOWARD SERVICE
Alex Hollings | February 22, 2023

In 1983, the United States put the world’s first operational stealth aircraft, the F-117 Nighthawk, into active service, beginning a monopoly on low-observable aviation that would stretch until 2017 when China finally broke that streak with the Chengdu J-20 Mighty Dragon, with Russia’s Su-57 Felon following closely behind.

Today, America’s lead in low-observable aviation remains palpable, with two operational stealth fighters and the world’s only fleet of heavy payload stealth bombers, but the rest of the world is working toward closing the gap. Thirteen American allies now operate their own F-35s, and several new stealth platforms are in active development within the secretive confines of R&D facilities all around the globe.

Here’s a brief summary of stealth aircraft in development around the world, and how they’re intended to stack up with the few platforms that are already flying.

Stealth development is often classified and, at the same time, some countries exaggerate their progress for geopolitical reasons. So, while we’ll do our best to manage both in this article, but as such, it should not be considered exhaustive.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/here-are-the-12-new-stealth-aircraft-currently-heading-toward-service/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson