Author Topic: You cannot run businesses, hospitals, and the military on occasional electricity!  (Read 129 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
You cannot run businesses, hospitals, and the military on occasional electricity!

By Ronald Stein |February 22nd, 2023|Climate, Energy

Regardless of the intermittency of the weather, the electrical grid is expected to deliver continuous and uninterrupted electricity no matter what the weather.

Power grid blackouts are driven by the rapid retirement of small acreage coal and natural gas power plants.

Wind and solar electricity generation requires vast amounts of pristine acreage, but due to the intermittency and variability of breezes and sunshine being a significant deficiency, wind turbines and solar panels do not work most of the time.

This is illustrative of why a myopic focus on renewables for reducing carbon-dioxide emissions through a deepening dependence on the intermittency of wind and solar electricity must ultimately come to terms with the laws of physics and the high financial and environmental cost of achieving a reliable electrical grid with these technologies.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/02/22/you-cannot-run-businesses-hospitals-and-the-military-on-occasional-electricity/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=you-cannot-run-businesses-hospitals-and-the-military-on-occasional-electricity&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=you-cannot-run-businesses-hospitals-and-the-military-on-occasional-electricity
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You don't need to if most of your customers aren't around anymore.
The Republic is lost.