Author Topic: Local Arizona Leaders Detail Reality of Border Crisis at Hearing Democrats Boycotted  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Local Arizona Leaders Detail Reality of Border Crisis at Hearing Democrats Boycotted
Virginia Allen / @Virginia_Allen5 / February 23, 2023

“It's a shame that not one Democrat member of Congress would join us on this trip despite having weeks of advance notice,” Rep. Jim Jordan said at the House Judiciary Committee hearing in Yuma, Arizona, Feb. 23. 

The House Judiciary Committee held a hearing at the southern border Thursday focused on the effects of the border crisis on a local Arizona community. “The Biden Border Crisis,” marked the second hearing the committee held on the situation at the southern border this Congress.

“It’s about time we told the truth. It’s about time we fix this problem,” Rep. Jefferson Van Drew, R-N.J., said of the border crisis during an interview with The Daily Signal shortly before the hearing began. 

“And here’s the bottom line,” Van Drew added, “it is fixable. We don’t have to have this happen. This was self-created by President [Joe] Biden, by Secretary [of Homeland Security] Alejandro Mayorkas, and this administration.” 

The committee held the hearing in Yuma County, located about 150 miles southwest of Phoenix. The city has a population of about 207,000 and is a large agricultural community. 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/02/23/local-arizona-leaders-detail-reality-border-crisis-hearing-democrats-boycotted/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson