Author Topic: White House defends Biden visiting Ukraine before Ohio train disaster site, mayor says 'slap in the  (Read 470 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 23, 2023 4:23pm EST
White House defends Biden visiting Ukraine before Ohio train disaster site, mayor says 'slap in the face'
President Biden visited Ukraine and Poland this week to shore up partnerships with NATO allies against Russia

By Bradford Betz | Fox News

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Thursday appeared to defend President Biden for having yet to visit East Palestine, Ohio, to assess the damage from a fiery train derailment that caused a chemical spill and massive fire.

A reporter asked Jean-Pierre if Biden had any comment for East Palestine Mayor Trent Conway, saying it was a "slap in the face that" the president visited Ukraine before visiting his city.

Jean-Pierre pointed to the Biden administration’s efforts since the Feb. 3 derailment, saying agencies were "on the ground very early on" with an "all hands approach."

"That is because of this president’s leadership, and that is because of what he has asked his team to do and what he’s asked the agencies to do," Jean-Pierre said before reiterating that the administration would hold the rail company Norfolk Southern accountable.

She noted that the president, who visited Poland and Ukraine this week to shore up partnerships with NATO allies against Russia, remained in contact with leadership in East Palestine to get updates.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-defends-biden-visiting-ukraine-before-ohio-train-disaster-site-mayor-slap-face
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden will not take trip to Ohio train derailment site after Trump visit: White House
By Josh Christenson   
February 23, 2023 5:09pm

President Biden still has no plans to visit residents of East Palestine, Ohio, after a toxic chemical spill there caused by a train derailment nearly three weeks ago, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters on Thursday — one day after former President Donald Trump traveled to the state.

In response to repeated questions, Jean-Pierre reiterated that Biden, 80, has made no travel arrangements, but is “getting briefed pretty regularly” and taking the situation “very seriously.”

“He offered federal assistance and directed his team to stay on top of this,” the press secretary said. “At this time, I don’t have anything to read out or announce on travel to Ohio.”

Biden was criticized by Republicans and East Palestine’s mayor earlier this week for traveling to Ukraine to mark the anniversary of Russia’s invasion of that country rather than visiting the site of the domestic disaster.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/02/23/no-biden-trip-to-ohio-train-derailment-site-after-trump-visit-white-house/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Ukraine has Ukranians; Ohio has Deplorables - simple as that.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Hey, Joe! Coming to East Palestine anytime this century?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ukraine has Ukranians; Ohio has Deplorables - simple as that.
Locations
Find an SVB office near you.

If only East P had a branch of the SVB

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is a tempest in a teapot.
There's no real reason for ol' white joe to go to East Palestine.
If I lived there, I wouldn't be interested in his phony "concern".

Online mountaineer

It's not that Biden would serve any purpose in traveling to East Palestine. It's a matter of watching him break yet another promise.
RNC Research
@RNCResearch
It has been 42 days since the toxic train disaster in East Palestine, Ohio, and 15 days since Biden promised he’d visit “at some point.”
Biden is spending the weekend in Delaware instead.
12:21 PM · Mar 17, 2023
Granted, "at some point" isn't much of a promise. The good folks of East Palestine know it won't occur anytime in Joey's lifetime.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Hasen't it been pointed out many times already?  Joes foreigners first, Americans that pay for it all LAST!  Its a density issue by those more dense than lead and still believe can do now wrong because he's demented, (so are his ultra-dense followers.  They never are going to get past being demented/dense.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions