Author Topic: Illegal immigrants rescued from Texas sewer after attempt to sneak into US foiled  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal immigrants rescued from Texas sewer after attempt to sneak into US foiled
By MaryAnn Martinez
February 22, 2023 8:36pm  Updated

Over a dozen illegal border crossing migrants had to be rescued from an El Paso sewer this week, after their attempt to sneak into the country backfired.

The fire department, working with US Border Patrol in the Texas border town, had to use a circular saw and other high-powered tools to pry open the storm drain and complete the rescue.

The drains were welded shut last year when the city was being overrun with migrants, as groups were using the sewer system to circumvent the border wall and customs agents and popping up onto the city’s streets.

All 17 illegal migrants were in good health and were taken into custody by immigration officers, and admitted to entering the country illegally.

The migrants were originally from Mexico and El Salvador, a spokesman told The Post, and have all been sent back to Mexico.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/22/illegal-immigrants-rescued-from-texas-sewer/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson