Author Topic: New York’s manufactured migrant crisis may lead to a real diplomatic crisis  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York’s manufactured migrant crisis may lead to a real diplomatic crisis
BY MATT O’BRIEN, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 02/23/23 10:30 AM ET

It appears that New York City Mayor Eric Adams and the merry band of anti-borders, one-world-globalists currently running America’s largest city have discovered one of the few ways they could possibly render their self-made, and largely imaginary, “migrant crisis” even worse: Manufacturing an actual diplomatic crisis with Canada.

You see, the Big Apple is a so-called “sanctuary city” that refuses to cooperate with the federal government to enforce America’s immigration laws. But, being a sanctuary city is only a tenable position when the federal government bothers to try and keep uninvited foreigners from crossing our borders. In that case, you tend to get a slow dribble of illegals who show up in your sanctuary looking for under-the-table jobs. And, if you are a kumbaya-singing, anti-borders mayor, you can safely exploit migrants to virtue signal, without encountering too many real world consequences.

But when Club Fed effectively renders the borders wide open — as it has under the Biden administration — the situation changes. In that case, illegal aliens start showing up in allegedly welcoming places like New York City asking for food, luxury hotel rooms, and cell phones, all gratis.

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/3870819-new-yorks-manufactured-migrant-crisis-may-lead-to-a-real-diplomatic-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson