Author Topic: College's 'forbidden courses' program promoting free speech praised by student: 'I was blown away'  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
College's 'forbidden courses' program promoting free speech praised by student: 'I was blown away'
Story by Bailee Hill • Yesterday 7:40 AM

The University of Austin is re-writing the precedent of the First Amendment on college campuses – offering a "forbidden courses" program to promote free speech without fear of judgment in the classroom.

Ari Wagen participated in the university's program and joined "Fox & Friends First" to discuss why he was "blown away" with the course offering.

"Everyone, even the instructors, really had this charity," Wagen told Ashley Strohmier Wednesday. "And by charity, I mean they heard everyone for what they were saying. They were willing to talk practice differences, and that allowed us to have these really cool conversations about all sorts of topics that we normally don't get to talk about on university campuses today, things like religion, sexuality, politics, but discussing things maybe outside the normal two-party system."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/college-s-forbidden-courses-program-promoting-free-speech-praised-by-student-i-was-blown-away/ar-AA17NzrU?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9ac814ddc37648eea71ba115472ce50f
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson