Author Topic: Border Patrol calls for agents to relocate to US-Canada border amid 846% spike in migrant crossings  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol calls for agents to relocate to US-Canada border amid 846% spike in migrant  crossings
CANDACE HATHAWAYFebruary 21, 2023

Border Patrol officials recently released an internal memo requesting agents to volunteer to be redeployed to a northern border sector that has experienced an 846% spike in illegal migrant crossings since October.

According to a memo obtained by Fox News' Casey Stegall, Border Patrol leadership asked agents currently stationed in other northern sectors and at the southwest border to voluntarily relocate to the U.S.-Canada border's Swanton sector, which covers New Hampshire, Vermont, and New York, to "increase detection and custody operations, transportation and flight line security operations."

The area is "experiencing an increase in illegal entries," primarily due to "Mexican migrants with no legal documents" attempting to enter the United States, Border Patrol Assistant Chief Juan E. Garcia's memo explained.

"Due to the increased numbers, stations are task saturated with processing large groups, which has contributed to gotaway events, pedestrian, and vehicle incursions," the memo stated.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/border-patrol-calls-for-agents-to-relocate-to-us-canada-border-amid-846-spike-in-migrant-crossings
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson