Author Topic: Fears, questions about North Korea’s growing nuclear arsenal  (Read 162 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fears, questions about North Korea’s growing nuclear arsenal
« on: February 22, 2023, 03:38:12 pm »

Fears, questions about North Korea’s growing nuclear arsenal

By Kim Tong-Hyung, The Associated Press and Hyung-Jin Kim, The Associated Press
 Feb 21, 05:45 PM

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea’s latest missile launches are a demonstration of the country’s avowed ability to use nuclear force against South Korea and the mainland U.S. How immediate is that threat?

North Korea claims its nuclear forces are capable of destroying its rivals, and often follows its provocative weapons tests with launch details. But many foreign experts call the North’s claims propaganda and suggest that the country is not yet capable of hitting the United States or its allies with a nuclear weapon.

U.S. B-1B bombers took part in separate joint exercises Saturday with South Korean and Japanese warplanes in response to a North Korean ICBM launch.

There’s no question that North Korea has nuclear bombs, and that it has missiles that place the U.S. mainland, South Korea and Japan within striking distance. What’s not yet clear is whether the country has mastered the tricky engineering required to join the bombs and the missiles.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/flashpoints/2023/02/21/fears-questions-about-north-koreas-growing-nuclear-arsenal/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Fears, questions about North Korea’s growing nuclear arsenal
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 03:38:48 pm »
It is long past time that Japan, at the least, started to develop its own nuclear arsenal.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 03:40:51 pm »
My question is will NK try to sneak in an attack somewhere while Biden is still president knowing he is inept and weak and may not respond? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 11:11:30 pm »
Eventually, once their arsenal has enough weapons in it and they have sufficient means to deliver such weapons (at us), could NK invade the South with the threat that any intervention from countries outside of S. Korea will result in a nuclear attack?

They could be crazy enough to try it.
Especially after the Chinese take Taiwan back.