Author Topic: Elon Musk calls out military for diversity focus  (Read 131 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Elon Musk calls out military for diversity focus
« on: February 21, 2023, 10:39:19 pm »
American Military News by Justin Cooper 2/21/2023

Twitter CEO Elon Musk called out the Defense Department on Sunday, alleging that the military has lost focus on national defense after the agency tweeted about a DEI diversity “summit” it held last week.

DoD’s tweet about the summit described diversity in the military as “a strategic imperative critical to mission readiness and accomplishment.”

Musk replied, “Your strategic imperative is defending the United States.”

The comment came as lawmakers target the military for policies and statements perceived as too politicized or progressive. Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) also criticized the summit on Twitter.

“As Chairman of the Military Personnel Subcommittee, ensuring our military is focused on lethality and readiness, NOT wokeness and DEI, is my top priority,” Banks said, referring to diversity, equity, and inclusion.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/02/elon-musk-calls-out-military-for-diversity-focus/

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Elon Musk calls out military for diversity focus
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 01:31:27 pm »
Elon Musk calls out military for diversity focus

FEBRUARY 21, 2023 JUSTIN COOPER

Twitter CEO Elon Musk called out the Defense Department on Sunday, alleging that the military has lost focus on national defense after the agency tweeted about a DEI diversity “summit” it held last week.

DoD’s tweet about the summit described diversity in the military as “a strategic imperative critical to mission readiness and accomplishment.”

Musk replied, “Your strategic imperative is defending the United States.”

The comment came as lawmakers target the military for policies and statements perceived as too politicized or progressive. Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) also criticized the summit on Twitter.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/02/elon-musk-calls-out-military-for-diversity-focus/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson