Author Topic: EPA orders Norfolk Southern to clean up Ohio train derailment site  (Read 357 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 21, 2023 2:03pm EST
EPA orders Norfolk Southern to clean up Ohio train derailment site
EPA Administrator Michael Regan says agency will ensure Norfolk Southern is held accountable for accident, which caused an environmental disaster

By Chris Pandolfo FOXBusiness

The Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday officially ordered rail company Norfolk Southern to clean up after one of their trains derailed near East Palestine, Ohio, spilling hazardous chemicals into the environment.

In a legally binding order, the EPA instructed Norfolk Southern to "conduct all necessary actions" to clean up contaminated soil and water resources. The company has also been told to reimburse the EPA cleaning services to be offered to local residents and businesses; to attend and participate in public meetings at EPA's request and post information online; and pay for EPA's accumulated costs for work performed under this order.

The agency will release a workplan outlining all necessary steps to clean up the environmental damage caused by the wreck. Norfolk Souther must comply with the EPA's directions or face fines as high as triple the cost of cleanup.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/epa-orders-norfolk-southern-clean-up-ohio-train-derailment-site
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: EPA orders Norfolk Southern to clean up Ohio train derailment site
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 08:56:22 pm »
I want to know the exact name and position of the EPA or State regulator who gave the authorization to light the collected accumulation of product at the spill site.

Then, I want them brought up on charges of public endangerment.

They would have done the same to me, if I had done something that stupid
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 11:44:21 pm »
I doubt that NS has many (any) personnel dedicated to cleaning up spills of hazardous materials.

In the case of an accident like this, they call in independent companies that specialize in such tasks.

Same for cleaning up the train wreckage. There are a few companies that specialize in getting wrecks cleared quickly (so that trains can get running again). At least one of them is "Hulcher Services" -- not sure where they're based.

They have highway trucks (also go by rail) and personnel ready-to-go on short notice anywhere necessary.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 11:48:59 pm »
I doubt that NS has many (any) personnel dedicated to cleaning up spills of hazardous materials.

In the case of an accident like this, they call in independent companies that specialize in such tasks.

Same for cleaning up the train wreckage. There are a few companies that specialize in getting wrecks cleared quickly (so that trains can get running again). At least one of them is "Hulcher Services" -- not sure where they're based.

They have highway trucks (also go by rail) and personnel ready-to-go on short notice anywhere necessary.

I can guarntee that N-S has an emergency contingency plan.  That is required by law.
What we have seen is mass malfeasance of said plan.  Like I said....   In serious cases too, mitigation and response actions are reviewed and approved by regulatory plans.  I still want to know the exact person who authorized torching the product.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.