Author Topic: Putin Suspends U.S. Nuclear Treaty, Tells Russians West ‘Wants to Finish Us Forever’  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Frances Martel 21 Feb 2023

Russian leader Vladimir Putin announced in a nearly two-hour speech on Tuesday the unilateral suspension of the longstanding New START agreement that limits American and Russian nuclear development, describing Western support for Ukraine amid an ongoing Russian invasion as an existential threat to Russia.

Putin also took the time to reiterate his claim that the administration of current Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was “neo-Nazi” in its ideology and to denounce “perversion” and “spiritual catastrophe” in the West, spending particular time condemning the Anglican Church for allegedly considering “the idea of a gender-neutral God.”

The Russian leader made his remarks during his State of the Nation address, which the Russian constitution requires him to deliver annually. Putin has not delivered the speech for nearly two years, however, since April 2021, and had announced a delay in public appearances – including postponing his traditional end-of-year marathon press conference in December – late last year.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine – which began in 2014 but escalated through a “special military operation” announced on February 24, 2022, to a full-scale national attack on the country, took up most of Putin’s speaking time. Putin insisted that his administration “did everything possible, really everything possible to solve this problem by peaceful means,” but Western powers did not allow Ukraine to accept such a resolution. He did not appear to include Russia’s invasion and colonization of Crimea in 2014, which received no significant response from the administration of then-President Barack Obama, in his analysis of the ongoing invasion of the country.

“I want to repeat this: it was they who unleashed the war, and we used force to stop it,” Putin asserted.

Putin used his speech to announce an end to the New START agreement, a treaty passed under Obama.

“I am forced to announce today that Russia is suspending its participation in the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty,” he declared, accusing the United States and the greater West of attempting to eliminate the existence of Russia as a whole.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2023/02/21/putin-suspends-u-s-nuclear-treaty-tells-russians-west-wants-to-finish-us-forever/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
US policy has driven the geo-political map into a Sino-Russian alliance and pact.

That's really going work out well for us.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Biden and his deep-state handlers seem to have no finesse whatsoever.  That, in short, is how we got here.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Biden and his deep-state handlers seem to have no finesse whatsoever.  That, in short, is how we got here.

I think it is a tad more sinister than finesse.  I'm thinking downright destructive, counterproductive, and self inflicted.   RINO's like Turdle can also be sat in that same boat.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

So, Putin is simply a bald-faced liar.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
So, Putin is simply a bald-faced liar.

Maybe..  but what did he lie about in the above statement?  It sounded like pretty much an announcement of offical governmental policy.  To me just another step toward the Sino-Russian alliance, and inevitable WW 3.

Offline Kamaji

Maybe..  but what did he lie about in the above statement?  It sounded like pretty much an announcement of offical governmental policy.  To me just another step toward the Sino-Russian alliance, and inevitable WW 3.

From the article:

Putin insisted that his administration “did everything possible, really everything possible to solve this problem by peaceful means,” but Western powers did not allow Ukraine to accept such a resolution.

Total bald-faced lies.  Putin was agitating eastern Ukraine with LGM for years prior to the 2014 seizure of Crimea, and continued afterward until he decided that the Ukraine government would simply flee if he ran a bunch of Russian tanks toward Kyiv.

Putin not only did not do anything to resolve conflict peacefully, he intentionally caused, and escalated, conflict.  He, not Ukraine, not NATO, started the Ukraine war.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Putin is throwing a tantrum because Joe Biden pre-empted and crapped on Putin's Ukraine Special Operation Anniversary speech.

Joe Biden strikes me as the kinda guy that overplays his hand at the card table.

Putin F'ed up.  Had Putin waited, NATO would have dissolved and Ukraine would have imploded.

There's a clock ticking in Putin's head that's causing him to be uncharacteristically impatient.  Is he trying to score a win before an ailment takes him to the Kremlin in the sky?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

If World War III is inevitable, I'd much rather pursue a course of action that will cripple Russia's conventional military before that war begins then have Russia emerge victorious.

Offline mountaineer

Michael Tracey
@mtracey
Putin just announced the suspension of New START, the only remaining nuclear arms control treaty between the US and Russia. For the first time in decades, there are no limits on either country's arsenal. Sure to be declared another great diplomatic triumph for the Biden Admin
7:19 AM · Feb 21, 2023

Sean Davis
@seanmdav
The U.S. is sleepwalking into a nuclear World War III, egged on by deranged neocon interventionists from the comforts of their living rooms, forever insulated from the ravages of war and rarely exposed to those who bear its scars.
9:13 AM · Feb 21, 2023

Washington Examiner: What is the New START Treaty between US and Russia that Putin just suspended?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
From the article:

Total bald-faced lies.  Putin was agitating eastern Ukraine with LGM for years prior to the 2014 seizure of Crimea, and continued afterward until he decided that the Ukraine government would simply flee if he ran a bunch of Russian tanks toward Kyiv.

Putin not only did not do anything to resolve conflict peacefully, he intentionally caused, and escalated, conflict.  He, not Ukraine, not NATO, started the Ukraine war.

As stupid as it was, Biden actually sent Putin a signal that the US wouldn't do anything as long as Rush's territorial objectives were limited.

But instead of taking that hint and limiting his campaign to the disputed Donbass region, Putin went for Ukraine's capital without ever having made a public claim for it at all.

There was nothing remotely reasonable or excusable about that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And today Biden's adding fuel to the fire:

"NOW - Biden on NATO: "Russia knows it as well. An attack against one is an attack against all." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1628077842524254221

Offline Kamaji

Michael Tracey
@mtracey
Putin just announced the suspension of New START, the only remaining nuclear arms control treaty between the US and Russia. For the first time in decades, there are no limits on either country's arsenal. Sure to be declared another great diplomatic triumph for the Biden Admin
7:19 AM · Feb 21, 2023

Sean Davis
@seanmdav
The U.S. is sleepwalking into a nuclear World War III, egged on by deranged neocon interventionists from the comforts of their living rooms, forever insulated from the ravages of war and rarely exposed to those who bear its scars.
9:13 AM · Feb 21, 2023

Washington Examiner: What is the New START Treaty between US and Russia that Putin just suspended?

START didn't prevent possession of an arsenal of useable weapons, nor prevent their use.  All it did was to limit the overall size of the arsenal.

Putin pulling out of START is all bark, no bite.

Offline Kamaji

And today Biden's adding fuel to the fire:

"NOW - Biden on NATO: "Russia knows it as well. An attack against one is an attack against all." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1628077842524254221

:mauslaff:

How is stating the obvious - as opposed to making bald-faced lies - adding fuel to the fire?

How is stating the obvious - as opposed to making bald-faced lies - adding fuel to the fire?

Is Ukraine a member of NATO?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 05:39:30 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

What's your preferred way to incite WWIII @massadvj ---- brandy, cigars and winks?

Offline Kamaji

Is Ukraine a member of NATO?

Did Biden say that an attack on Ukraine was an attack on all?  No, he did not.  He said about NATO, that an attack on one NATO member is an attack on all NATO members.  Since Russia is now actively attempting to threaten NATO members, reminding him of that fact is timely.

Did Biden say that an attack on Ukraine was an attack on all?  No, he did not.  He said about NATO, that an attack on one NATO member is an attack on all NATO members.  Since Russia is now actively attempting to threaten NATO members, reminding him of that fact is timely.

Listen to Biden's speech .......

You may just get the war you've always wanted.

Offline Kamaji

Listen to Biden's speech .......

You may just get the war you've always wanted.

The only one who wants war is the one who supports Putin, through thick and thin.  Find a nearby mirror and consider what it reflects.

The only one who wants war is the one who supports Putin, through thick and thin.  Find a nearby mirror and consider what it reflects.

Spoken like the Bidenite you've become.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 21, 2023 10:52am EST
Putin issues nuclear warning to US, threatens to resume weapons tests
Russian President Vladimir Putin says he would be suspending Russia's participation in Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with US
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

Russian President Vladimir Putin delivered a stark warning Tuesday that he would be suspending his nation's participation in a nuclear arms treaty, threatening to resume testing of nuclear weapons.

Putin made his speech almost exactly a year after the invasion of Ukraine began, accusing the "elites of the West" of escalating international tensions.

"The elites of the West do not hide their purpose. But they also cannot fail to realize that it is impossible to defeat Russia on the battlefield," Putin said.

The Russian president went on to announce he would be pulling Russia out of the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, a bilateral agreement signed by former Presidents Obama and Dmitry Medvedev.

President Biden met with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Monday at Mariinsky Palace to announce an additional half-billion dollars in U.S. assistance. The U.S. has already supported Ukraine with tens of billions of dollars in financial aid and military equipment.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-issues-nuclear-warning-us-threatens-resume-weapons-tests
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Spoken like the Bidenite you've become.

:mauslaff:

Pathetic personal insults:  the last refuge of those who have no substantive justification for their challenged positions.

If war is coming, it is solely due to Putin and his desire to become a latter-day Nazi, carving out lebensraum for Russia.

Quite honestly, in retrospect, it is preventing precisely this sort of orcish behavior that should have motivated the West to take a much harder position against Putin in 2014 when he seized Crimea.

And preventing further orcish behavior on the part of Putin and the Russians is precisely why they have to be resisted now; to do otherwise would make Neville Chamberlain look like a stalwart by comparison, and will simply lead to Europe-wide violence by the Russians.

If war comes, it will be solely the fault of Russia, not the West, not NATO, not any of your other cherished hobgoblins, and it will come because of feckless Western supporters of Putin.  If it comes, it will come because of people like you.

Offline Kamaji

Quite honestly, the more nukes Putin tests, the fewer he will have available to use as a live threat against anyone, and considering how corrupt Russian arms maintenance is, he most likely doesn't have any to waste on testing.

Offline mountaineer

Baloney. None of us wants war. It is possible to think both Putin and Zelensky are unworthy of support, without inconsistency.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to Announce More Sanctions on Russia After Putin Suspends Nuke Treaty

Wendell Husebø 21 Feb 2023

President Joe Biden on Tuesday announced he plans to implement more sanctions “this week” on Russia hours after Russian President Vladimir Putin suspended a U.S. nuclear treaty.

Speaking in Warsaw, Poland, with Ukrainian colored yellow and blue lights reflected on Royal Castle, Biden spoke about Russia’s war against Ukraine, a conflict based on decades of territorial claims. Biden said he will place more sanctions on Russia without noting the specifics.

“Together we made sure Russia is paying the price for its abuses,” Biden prefaced. “We continue to maintain the largest sanctions regime ever imposed on any country in history.”

“And we are going to announce more sanctions this week together with our partners,” he announced. “We will hold those accountable for those responsible for this war, and will seek justice for the war crimes and crimes against humanity continuing to be committed by the Russians.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/21/biden-announce-more-sanctions-russia-after-putin-suspends-nuke-treaty/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34