Author Topic: Army Reserve officers are bailing out, this general has a plan  (Read 206 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Reserve officers are bailing out, this general has a plan
« on: February 21, 2023, 12:28:39 pm »
Army Reserve officers are bailing out, this general has a plan
By Davis Winkie
 Friday, Feb 17

The Army Reserve's top general, Lt. Gen. Jody Daniels, talks about the future of the Army Reserve during a discussion panel at the Association of the United States Army Convention in Washington, D.C., October 11, 2022. (Sgt. 1st Class Brent C. Powell/Army)
It sounds simple.

Three words — “readiness over metrics” — summarize the impact Lt. Gen. Jody Daniels hopes to have on the Army Reserve.

But the 34th Chief of the U.S. Army Reserve, who holds a doctorate in computer science and boasts deep industry experience paired with her service, isn’t naive about the problems the Army’s smallest component faces. And many of the challenges exist despite — or perhaps because of — the Reserve’s achievements throughout the Global War on Terror.

The component is authorized around 189,500 troops, making it the smallest portion of the roughly 1 million-soldier “Total Army.” Since Sept. 11, 2001, more than 256,000 Army Reserve troops have mobilized at least once for the conflict, representing slightly under one-quarter of all military reserve component deployments during the period, according to defense manpower data. Only the Army National Guard, which is nearly twice as large, has deployed more reservists.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/02/17/army-reserve-officers-are-bailing-out-this-general-has-a-plan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army Reserve officers are bailing out, this general has a plan
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 12:30:08 pm »
They must be leaving because of global warming.  It just can't be something internal they don't like. (wokeness?) :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 12:31:42 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 01:50:15 pm »
Well, the Defense Department's continuing abuse of the "Total Force" concept, which keep reservists deployed overseas for a year or more, doesn't help.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 02:29:00 pm »
How do Reserve and National Guard families pay bills, save for their childrens' education, and save for retirement when a wage earner is on duty and loses income from their employer(s)?  Or worse if they are self-employed.

The military experienced similar issues towards the end of the 1990's when Reserve and Guard units experienced deployment fatigue ... Gulf War I, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Haiti, etc.

The civilian standard of living is decreasing, quality of life is decreasing, and the cost of living is increasing.  Civilians have to work more hours and commute more hours to earn and save less for their families.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright