Author Topic: Marine Corps Needs Infrastructure Investment, Improved Technology to Ensure Readiness  (Read 84 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps Needs Infrastructure Investment, Improved Technology to Ensure Readiness
By: Gidget Fuentes
February 20, 2023 10:14 AM

SAN DIEGO – A military installation’s sewer lines and electrical grids are critical to a unit’s combat readiness, meaning bases and stations must prepare to grapple with outages, breaks, attacks and other threats to critical infrastructure, a Marine Corps installation commander said last week.

“The sustainment of facilities – things that maybe don’t really thicken the blood of the warfighter. But there’s something very important about thinking about installations as part of a larger system,” said Col. Thomas Bedell, who commands Miramar Marine Corps Air Station in San Diego.

“Historically, we’ve kind of underfunded investments in installations,” he said Wednesday at the WEST 2023 conference, co-hosted by the U.S. Naval Institute and the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association. While he didn’t provide details, Bedell hinted that might begin to change in upcoming defense budget requests to get after facility sustainment.

https://news.usni.org/2023/02/20/marine-corps-needs-infrastructure-investment-improved-technology-to-ensure-readiness
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson