Author Topic: Hundreds of tankers, recon jets grounded in hunt for faulty tail pins  (Read 74 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hundreds of tankers, recon jets grounded in hunt for faulty tail pins
By Rachel S. Cohen and Stephen Losey
 Wednesday, Feb 15

WASHINGTON — The Air Force is speeding up its hunt for a faulty component on hundreds of KC-135 Stratotankers that, if it failed in flight, could cause an aircraft’s tail to fall off.

Air Force Materiel Command on Tuesday directed maintainers to inspect the entire KC-135 aerial refueling fleet, as well as the RC-135 family of reconnaissance planes and the WC-135 Constant Phoenix radiation‐sensing jet, for potentially faulty tail pins before their next flight.

As of Sunday, 24 of the 90 KC-135s that were inspected had noncompliant pins, the Air Force said. Planes with the proper parts have been cleared to fly.

https://www.defensenews.com/news/your-air-force/2023/02/15/hundreds-of-tankers-recon-jets-grounded-in-hunt-for-faulty-tail-pins/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson