Author Topic: Being a Marine is enough of a bonus, No. 2 Marine Corps general says  (Read 68 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Being a Marine is enough of a bonus, No. 2 Marine Corps general says
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Tuesday, Feb 14

SAN DIEGO ― As America’s military struggles with recruiting and the services offer various financial incentives to get people to join, the Marine Corps’ second-in-command warned Tuesday that new devil dogs should not to expect a hefty cash payment if they enlist.

Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. Eric Smith told attendees of the annual West naval conference here that recruiting remains a “strategic challenge,” but that the Marines are going to address the problem their own way, via a route that doesn’t involve stacks for those who join.

“Your bonus is that you get to call yourself a Marine,” Smith said. “That’s your bonus … there’s no dollar amount that goes with that.”

The service’s position stands in stark contrast to the Navy, which is offering maximum enlistment bonuses of up to $50,000 and has lowered entrance exam scores in the past year to attract more recruits.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/home/2023/02/14/being-a-marine-is-enough-of-a-bonus-no-2-marine-corps-general-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson