Author Topic: Exclusive: McCarthy gives Tucker Carlson access to trove of Jan. 6 riot tape  (Read 1146 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Exclusive: McCarthy gives Tucker Carlson access to trove of Jan. 6 riot tape
Adios, Feb 20, 2023

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has given Fox News' Tucker Carlson exclusive access to 41,000 hours of Capitol surveillance footage from the Jan. 6 riot, McCarthy sources tell me.

Carlson TV producers were on Capitol Hill last week to begin digging through the trove, which includes multiple camera angles from all over Capitol grounds. Excerpts will begin airing in the coming weeks.

Why it matters: Carlson has repeatedly questioned official accounts of 1/6, downplaying the insurrection as "vandalism."

Now his shows — "Tucker Carlson Tonight" on Fox News, and "Tucker Carlson Today" and "Tucker Carlson Originals" on the streaming service Fox Nation — have a massive trove of raw material.

Carlson told me: "[T]here was never any legitimate reason for this footage to remain secret."

More:
https://www.axios.com/2023/02/20/kevin-mccarthy-tucker-carlson-jan-6-riot-footage

Online Right_in_Virginia

Good start, Mr. Speaker.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Expose expose expose.
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

MTG's been blungeoned since the rumor McCarthy wasn't going to release the tapes appeared in headlines...

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene
@RepMTG

For all of you that doubted we would release the tapes.

Here you go!

I’m very happy to be right again in my support for Kevin McCarthy as our Speaker.

Americans deserve to see the truth, not a one sided narrative and unfair two tiered justice system.

10:21 AM · Feb 20, 2023

Online Right_in_Virginia

Julie Kelly
@julie_kelly2

If what’s reported here is true, DOJ has lied for 2 years in court filings that Capitol security system captured 14,000 hours. Further, DOJ subsequently claimed only 7k hours were relevant to Jan 6.

10:13 AM · Feb 20, 2023

Offline Polly Ticks

I hope Tucker's team releases it widely and doesn't keep it on the streaming service.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And yet...we cant see them.  No public release.  Does McCarthy think this will get him off the promise he made to release the videos to the rest of us?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Cernovich
@Cernovich

This is something the bitter and angry people are missing.

By releasing the footage to Tucker, Speaker McCarthy has removed the dishonest "privilege" argument from DOJ.

This is a massive development for the remaining cases.

Julie Kelly 🇺🇸
@julie_kelly2

Reminder that Joe Biden's DOJ designated all surveillance video as "highly sensitive" government material back in March 2021 subject to strict protective orders. Even defendants and their lawyers have a tough time accessing it and digital platform was delayed for months.

1:22 PM · Feb 20, 2023

Online Right_in_Virginia

And yet...we cant see them.  No public release.  Does McCarthy think this will get him off the promise he made to release the videos to the rest of us?

@Cyber Liberty

Julie Kelly
@julie_kelly2

The release must be a series of surgical strikes supported by context, other video, court filings. Clips must contradict regime/media propaganda in a strategic manner. This isn’t a time for haphazard, confusing coverage prone to error or misinterpretation.

4:07 PM · Feb 20, 2023

Online Right_in_Virginia

@RepMTG

J6 video tapes will also be available for all J6 defendants.

All 42,000+ hours.

Thank you Speaker McCarthy.

1:13 PM · Feb 20, 2023

Online rustynail

Guess they will now start WWIII to distract from this release?

Online Right_in_Virginia

Guess they will now start WWIII to distract from this release?

The only question is with who ---  888blackhat

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@RepMTG

J6 video tapes will also be available for all J6 defendants.

All 42,000+ hours.

Thank you Speaker McCarthy.

1:13 PM · Feb 20, 2023

This right here is where the rubber meets the road.  I want the political prisoners FREED!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

This right here is where the rubber meets the road.  I want the political prisoners FREED!

42,000 hours is a brutal amount of video to go through. Easy to miss something critical with so much to go through. Another question would be how do we know that's all of it or that  it hasn't been edited?

Edit:

It would take 242 people a month working a 40 hour week to go through all that once without pausing.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 10:51:04 pm by DB »

Online Right_in_Virginia

@amuse
@amuse

The Jan 6th Capitol footage released by Congress includes 41,000 hours of video footage. If you started watching now for 8 hours a day it would take you 14 years to finish watching. The trove includes 14,000 hours of security footage and even more bodycam and cellphone video.

1:36 PM · Feb 20, 2023

@Cyber Liberty 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@amuse
@amuse

The Jan 6th Capitol footage released by Congress includes 41,000 hours of video footage. If you started watching now for 8 hours a day it would take you 14 years to finish watching. The trove includes 14,000 hours of security footage and even more bodycam and cellphone video.

1:36 PM · Feb 20, 2023

@Cyber Liberty

So THAT'S the DoJ strategy!
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

So THAT'S the DoJ strategy!

No, @Cyber Liberty  The DOJ doesn't want any tape released.

It taking 14 years to review the 41,000 hours is one reason why McCarthy chose a strategic review rather than releasing them to 330 million Americans.

Releasing all tapes to J6 attorneys and a well respected person who's been asking for them for more than a year (with a dedicated team) is the most efficient way to inform the public at large.

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Tucker Carlson Announces That His Show Has Been Granted Access To 44k Hours Of Footage From January 6th

"We believe that access is unfettered. We believe we have secured the right to see whatever we want to see."  "We're going to spend the rest of this week taking a look at it, assessing it as honestly as we can, and we're going to bring you what we find next week." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1627851223092035591

Online rustynail

Paul Ryan is in control of the footage not Tucker.  Some are saying.

Offline Polly Ticks

Amen, brother.  And I want someone to take up their cause and FIGHT for them.
The fact that we have political prisoners in the United States of America is abhorrent.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 6 Committee Howls as Kevin McCarthy Gives Footage to Tucker Carlson

Members of the now-defunct January 6 Committee howled in protest as Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) reportedly gave Fox News host Tucker Carlson access to over 40,000 hours of footage of the Capitol riot.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/21/january-6-committee-howls-as-kevin-mccarthy-gives-footage-to-tucker-carlson/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just waiting for some of those foolish Briefers to start calling Carlson a Russian stooge again.

Man has done more to expose hypocricy of the left than anyone since Limbaugh.

What blowzos
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Whatever was given to Tucker Carlon should be made publicly available to all media outlets and citizens.

That footage is propety of ALL the American People, not just a few.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Whatever was given to Tucker Carlon should be made publicly available to all media outlets and citizens.

That footage is propety of ALL the American People, not just a few.

No one is disputing that.  The deal is, having one powerful voice and group of conservative journalist parse through the film, and provide a one-stop shop synopsis for the masses.  Those same masses you cite, who will not take the time or effort to review.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Tucker Carlson promises to release exclusive January 6th tapes NEXT WEEK.  "They are LYING." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1631682774426869761