Author Topic: Germany Wary Of Europe’s Ban Of Fossil Fuel Cars By 2035… Too Pricey, Technically Unfeasible  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Germany Wary Of Europe’s Ban Of Fossil Fuel Cars By 2035… Too Pricey, Technically Unfeasible
By P Gosselin on 18. February 2023

Share this...
As the EU Parliament voted on February 14th to ban the registration of new fossil fuel cars beginning in 2035, it appears the folly of the idea is just beginning to dawn on those who had been expected to take a more critical stand much earlier.

Moreover, it appears even the regular German citizens are finally having doubts about the mad rush to e-mobility, as a new Allensbach survey suggests.

“Many people in Germany still have reservations about the widespread adoption of electric cars, mainly because of their high cost,” reports the German Blackout News here. “Although a majority of respondents believe that electric drives will become established in the next ten years, only 22 percent consider this desirable.”

There are number of reasons why Germans are not sold on the idea of electric cars, among them: the environmental impacts of mining the raw materials to produce the batteries and the after-life recycling. Another problem is the limited range and heavy weight of electric cars. The biggest reason why Germans are not inclined to switch to electric cars is the high price.

https://notrickszone.com/2023/02/18/germany-wary-of-europes-ban-of-fossil-fuel-cars-by-2035-too-pricey-technically-unfeasible/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson