Author Topic: Police staffing becomes issue after city that defunded police descends into street race chaos  (Read 508 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 19, 2023 5:24pm EST
Austin police, 911 staffing levels questioned after street racers take over major intersection, injure cop
An Austin City Council member was reportedly on hold with 911 for 28 minutes after calling about the street racing takover

By Paul Best | Fox News

February 19, 2023
01:30
Austin, Texas, police respond to street racing and rioting

Some Austin City Council members are speaking out about the police department's vacancies and ongoing problems at the 911 call center after a chaotic scene unfolded downtown on Saturday night.

Street racers took over an intersection at South Lamar Boulevard and Barton Springs Road, drifting in the middle of the street and setting off fireworks as throngs of people looked on at the mayhem.

One law enforcement officer was injured and several police cars were damaged in the fracas.

"Imagine for a moment that the incidents last night happened with large scale events going on," Council member Mackenzie Kelly said Sunday, noting that she is "increasingly concerned about our police vacancies."

"The possibility of a catastrophic cascading failure due to lack of support from our police department puts the city, its residents, and visitors at risk of danger."

Police in Austin, Texas, responded to street racing and rioting Saturday video. Video shared to social media showed crowds hurl fireworks at a police car. (TWITTER/@aaroncrews)

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-police-911-staffing-levels-questioned-street-racers-take-major-intersection-injure-cop
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 01:09:42 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Austin is getting what they deserve.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Austin is a blue dot in a Red sea. Only a few months ago, Austin had some of the highest property values in the nation. Now that there are no more Police and chaos reigns, good luck selling that 2 million dollar condo in Thunderdome, or that business which was millions only a little while ago.

Liberals love to sabotage normal society, thinking they are "sticking it" to the redneck Americans. But in the end, they only sabotage themselves, ALWAYS. Like the people who shit in their own beds, Liberals will flee the city. The pendulum will swing. And eventually things will get back to normal.

Then the Libs will return and start the whole thing all over again. They never learn that in a war with reality, reality will always win.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

Austin is a blue dot in a Red sea. Only a few months ago, Austin had some of the highest property values in the nation. Now that there are no more Police and chaos reigns, good luck selling that 2 million dollar condo in Thunderdome, or that business which was millions only a little while ago.

Liberals love to sabotage normal society, thinking they are "sticking it" to the redneck Americans. But in the end, they only sabotage themselves, ALWAYS. Like the people who shit in their own beds, Liberals will flee the city. The pendulum will swing. And eventually things will get back to normal.

Then the Libs will return and start the whole thing all over again. They never learn that in a war with reality, reality will always win.

Exactly
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

The problem is, the poor suckers that didn't vote for that get taken for the ride too. For too many it derails their lives and they never recover. It is never made right again.

Offline verga

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote:
"Austin is a blue dot in a Red sea."

Just wonderin'...

If the governor/legislature of Texas determined that the municipal government and police department of Austin were no longer capable and competent to protect the citizens of that city... could the police department be taken over and administered "by that state"...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Frankly,I am stunned at the ignorance of anyone who didn't expect this to happen.

Gee,you put the criminals in charge of the city via "free rein",and are then supprised when thugs do what thugs do?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!