Author Topic: Oregon considers creating governance board for a universal health care plan  (Read 751 times)

Offline Hoodat

Oregon considers creating governance board for a universal health care plan

Steve Benham  |  February 18th 2023

A panel of Oregon lawmakers this week took public testimony over two days at the Capitol in Salem on a proposed nine-member governance board that would devise a universal health care plan that would cover every Oregonian.

Under Senate Bill 704, the governance board would be tasked with coming up with what a single-payer system would look like in Oregon.

In response to questions from the chair of the Senate Committee on Health Care, a chief sponsor of the bill, Sen. James Manning Jr., D-Eugene/Veneta, affirmed on Wednesday, the second day of public hearings, that the bill only establishes a governance board and does not put into place a universal health care plan. The Legislature would still need to approve the board's proposal at a later date.  .  .  .

https://katu.com/news/politics/oregon-considers-creating-governance-board-for-single-payer-universal-health-plan

Anyone wanting 'free' [sic] health care needs to pack up and move to Oregon, pronto.  And anyone wanting 'quality' health care in Oregon needs to find other arrangements in neighboring States.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

A state hurtling toward - and embracing - its imminent destruction.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How is it even remotely possible that the educated people pushing this crap don't understand what it is they are doing,and the eventual effect it will have on individual  freedoms.

Not to mention taxes and the budget.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Even leftist Vermont abandoned the notion of socialized health care (after first passing a law that would have established it) when they realized there would be no way to pay for it...

Online mountaineer

I'm sure Oregon can get all the bums in Portland to chip in.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How is it even remotely possible that the educated people pushing this crap don't understand what it is they are doing,and the eventual effect it will have on individual  freedoms.

Not to mention taxes and the budget.
They are so caught up in how darned smart they are, not to mention how wonderful they are for bringing the benefits of health care (>Cough, cough< COVID, Abortion, mutilated children) to all those people who they deem less intelligent than themselves, that they never consider how to pay for all that crap, nor the effect on individual liberty. They aren't paying for it, and they feel 'free' because they have what they want, and don't give a runny crap if it's what YOU want. After all, they are sooo intelligent, they know better than you.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 12:50:54 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They are so caught up in how darned smart they are, not to mention how wonderful they are for bringing the benefits of health care (>Cough, cough< COVID, Abortion, mutilated children) to all those people who they deem less intelligent than themselves, that they never consider how to pay for all that crap, nor the effect on individual liberty. They aren't paying for it, and they feel 'free' because they have what they want, and don't give a runny crap if it's what YOU want. After all, they are sooo intelligent, they know better than you.

@Smokin Joe

I think the appropriate phrase here to describe these loons states they are "Educated beyond their ability to comprehend."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

I think the appropriate phrase here to describe these loons states they are "Educated beyond their ability to comprehend."
Yep. They don't know what they don't know.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Go right ahead; we could use a home-grown example of the failure of single-payer/universal health care plans to use to educate people on the stupidity, cupidity, and venality of socialized medicine.

Offline LMAO

Even leftist Vermont abandoned the notion of socialized health care (after first passing a law that would have established it) when they realized there would be no way to pay for it...

Yup

And voters in Colorado in 2016 rejected it by a very large margin
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy