Author Topic: Biden Pentagon Quietly Expands Woke Transgender Policies in the Military  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Biden Pentagon Quietly Expands Woke Transgender Policies in the Military
By Elaine Donnelly
February 18, 2023
U.S. Army photo by Sarah Patterson

The nation is worried about serious national security threats, including Chinese spy aircraft, but the Department of Defense seems pre-occupied with misplaced priorities.  “Woke” policies are taking progressive ideologies to extremes with enforced compliance, even if it hurts the institution.

Since January 2021, Defense Department officials have expanded woke transgender mandates in significant ways.  A comprehensive CMR Policy Analysis titled Biden Pentagon Quietly Expands Woke Transgender Policies in the Military, summarized here, compares Joe Biden/Lloyd Austin directives to the 2016 transgender policies of Barack Obama and Ashton Carter.

As in the Obama years, the Biden/Austin policy fully embraces the idea that individuals can change their “sex assigned at birth to a different gender role.”  Department of Defense Instruction 1300.28, updated on December 20, 2022, has changed the official vocabulary of this pseudo-science, using the phrase “self-identified gender” instead of “preferred gender” throughout. 

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/02/18/biden_pentagon_quietly_expands_woke_transgender_policies_in_the_military_882518.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Biden Pentagon Quietly Expands Woke Transgender Policies in the Military
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 03:06:54 pm »
This is pretty frightening.