Author Topic: Cartel violence, kidnapping prompt Mexico travel warning  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cartel violence, kidnapping prompt Mexico travel warning
« on: February 19, 2023, 02:03:25 pm »
Cartel violence, kidnapping prompt Mexico travel warning
by: Robert Sherman

Posted: Feb 17, 2023 / 04:06 PM CST

Updated: Feb 17, 2023 / 04:06 PM CST

EL PASO, TX (NewsNation) — Over the past six months, the U.S. Department of State has urged Americans to avoid travel to parts of Mexico and to “reconsider travel” to 11 more amid fears of violence by criminal cartels across the country.

Spring break: Is it safe to visit Mexico?

A renewed warning comes as the spring break season looms. Six states, including Tamaulipas, Sinaloa and Guerrero, are on the state department’s “do not travel” list due to the threat of crime and kidnapping.

Every border state in Mexico has at least a “reconsider travel” status, including the Baja California Sur area, which is home to Cabo, and the Quintana Roo area, which is home to Cancun, which are both popular spring break destinations for Americans — travelers are urged to “exercise increased caution.”

https://www.borderreport.com/news/cartel-violence-kidnapping-prompt-mexico-travel-warning/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson