Author Topic: Democrats in Minnesota Now Pushing for Ban on Gas-Powered Lawnmowers and Chainsaws  (Read 551 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats in Minnesota Now Pushing for Ban on Gas-Powered Lawnmowers and Chainsaws
February 18, 2023 10:39 pm by Mike LaChance

Democrats in Minnesota are now pushing for a ban on lawnmowers and chainsaws that run on gas in the name of fighting climate change.

You didn’t think they were going to stop with gas stoves, did you?

These types of bans are going to continue and expand anywhere that Democrats are in charge.

Minnesota Democrat lawmakers push ban on gas-powered lawn mowers, chainsaws to curb ‘climate pollution’

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/democrats-in-minnesota-now-pushing-for-ban-on-gas-powered-lawnmowers-and-chainsaws/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I guess North Dakota will end up selling Minnesotans a lot of electricity...57% of which comes from coal fired plants...(and they're downwind of them, too!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
ALL of them city dwellers,of course,and the vast majority will live in apartment blocks or condos,where what little grass there is will be cut for them.

Freaking airheads.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

ALL of them city dwellers,of course,and the vast majority will live in apartment blocks or condos,where what little grass there is will be cut for them.

Freaking airheads.
When you have 'folks from elsewhere' to mow the lawns, you don't understand the need for such equipment. Yes, this nonsense is a city dweller's delusion, but they outnumber the folks out in the countryside.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I guess North Dakota will end up selling Minnesotans a lot of electricity...57% of which comes from coal fired plants...(and they're downwind of them, too!)

Provided Biden doesn’t shut down all the coal fired plants…
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Smokin Joe

Provided Biden doesn’t shut down all the coal fired plants…
His Green New Deal will show its true colors if he does (brown).

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

There'll be one helluva side-hustle in hauling UHaul van loads of small engines over the border.  :whistle:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Both of these politicians are from suburban Twin Cities.  *****rollingeyes***** Which is where most of the stupid ideas originate. Time for the good Norwegians, Swedes and Germans who live in rural Minnesota to step up. IMHO
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Both of these politicians are from suburban Twin Cities.  *****rollingeyes***** Which is where most of the stupid ideas originate. Time for the good Norwegians, Swedes and Germans who live in rural Minnesota to step up. IMHO

@debrawiest

There IS such a thing? Commies from Europe have been immigrating to Mn since the 1920's. The fools we are dealing with  today are their offsprung.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Debra wrote:
"Both of these politicians are from suburban Twin Cities.  Which is where most of the stupid ideas originate. Time for the good Norwegians, Swedes and Germans who live in rural Minnesota to step up."

They won't.
This scatter-brained law will probably pass ... easily.