Author Topic: New Poll Delivers Bad News to "Woke" News Organizations, 50% of Americans Believe Media Lies to Prom  (Read 211 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Poll Delivers Bad News to "Woke" News Organizations, 50% of Americans Believe Media Lies to Promote an Agenda
Steve Straub   By Steve Straub
Published February 18, 2023 at 7:14am

Journalists and the news media in general continue to lose the trust of the vast majority of Americans, including many Democrats, according to a new Gallup poll released this week.

Via JonathanTurley.org:

This week, a poll was released that shows just how much ground has been lost by this generation of journalists. Gallup and the Knight Foundation found that 50% of Americans believe that the news media lies in order to promote an agenda. Only 25% of Americans reject that premise.

The poll also shows that 52% of Americans disagree with the statement that “In general, most national news organization care about the best interests of their readers, views, and listeners.” Only 23% agree with that proposition.

The view of bias and untrustworthiness increased across the political spectrum, including among Democrats who usually favor the media given the liberal bent of the coverage.

It is also striking that the media is losing young viewers and readers with its current approach to journalism.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/new-poll-majority-americans-believe-media-lies-promote-agenda
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Right_in_Virginia

They don't give a damn.  They have a mission to fulfill.

Offline DB

Colleges have been training "journalist" to be activists instead of investigating and reporting the facts. It is now their duty to guide public opinion for what they see as the greater good.