Author Topic: Pinkerton: The Greens Aren’t Just Coming for Your Gas-Powered Car—They’re Coming for All Cars  (Read 1788 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pinkerton: The Greens Aren’t Just Coming for Your Gas-Powered Car—They’re Coming for All Cars

JAMES P. PINKERTON18 Feb 20231,561

Greens (and Reds) Don’t Like Cars, Period

Late last month, Joe Biden was mocked for posting a photo of himself in an electric vehicle (a GMC Hummer) that costs $110,000 and up. And for touting a $7,500 federal tax credit that doesn’t apply to vehicles that cost over $80,000. In other words, the 46th president was ripped for confirming the stereotype that electric cars are a vanity passion for rich green liberals.

But what was less noticed, at least by the right, was that left-wing greens didn’t like Biden’s photo-op, either. You see, Middle Class Joe insists that he wants to replace internal-combustion vehicles with electric vehicles (EV), but the hardcore greens–including those within his own administration–want to get rid of cars, period. At certain times, as when he is trying to appeal to the far left during his campaign for the 2020 Democratic nomination, Biden has said that he wants to get “millions of vehicles off the road.”  But that was then: Now Biden, eyeing his re-election campaign, wants to play the champion of Main Street, where they have cars, not the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Still, history shows that when green activists draw a bead on something, they often hit their target.  That’s been the whole story of the green movement this past half-century, as it has shifted the Democratic Party from its New Deal blue-collar orientation to its current affluent-suburban affectation.

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2023/02/18/pinkerton-the-greens-arent-just-coming-for-your-gas-powered-car-theyre-coming-for-all-cars/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It really has nothing to do with the environment,providing you separate the political environment from the actual environment.

The goal is to move everyone but essential rural workers into "Kruschev Apartment Blocks" in the big cities,where it is easier for the authorities to keep an eye on everyone.

Do NOT forget that Communism lies at the very HEART of everything the left does.

The left is getting tired of having to run for political office. Their goal is to be appointed to life-long public offices where they DICTATE what will happen,when it will happen,and who will be affected by it happening.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 03:22:44 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It really has nothing to do with the environment,providing you separate the political environment from the actual environment.

The goal is to move everyone but essential rural workers into "Kruschev Apartment Blocks" in the big cities,where it is easier for the authorities to keep an eye on everyone.

Do NOT forget that Communism lies at the very HEART of everything the left does.

The left is getting tired of having to run for political office. Their goal is to be appointed to life-long public offices where they DICTATE what will happen,when it will happen,and who will be affected by it happening.
I wish I could disagree, but the housing projects of the past two generations just indicate you are right. They want everyone on their plantation, now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I wish I could disagree, but the housing projects of the past two generations just indicate you are right. They want everyone on their plantation, now.

Not that it is anymore possible now than it ever has been.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not that it is anymore possible now than it ever has been.

@roamer_1

Yes,it is. Every generation in America that was born and raised prior to around 1960 were raised to succeed by hard work and education,in order to be proud and independent.

Starting in the 60's,the "Comrades" took over both education and government. The only exception to comes to mind after Eisenhower left office was Reagan.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Yes,it is. Every generation in America that was born and raised prior to around 1960 were raised to succeed by hard work and education,in order to be proud and independent.

Starting in the 60's,the "Comrades" took over both education and government. The only exception to comes to mind after Eisenhower left office was Reagan.

And what of the red states (roughly half)?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And what of the red states (roughly half)?

@roamer_1

What of them?

What have they accomplished to stop the "Comrade Takever"?

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

What of them?

What have they accomplished to stop the "Comrade Takever"?

MUCH.

Online rustynail

It's Not Just A Car, It's Your Freedom.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Uh,huh.

Kinda vague on specifics.

Our governor, Gianforte, nullified the whole covid shtick, first thing in office. Nullified the new ATF gun crap, and is going against the education cabal. He's also working with NODAKs gov to get refineries and oil partnerships between our states... Just off the top of my head.

Like I said... MUCH. The last defense short of civil war is states standing up. And they are.

And BTW, He will get my vote.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 10:50:21 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Our governor, Gianforte, nullified the whole covid shtick, first thing in office. Nullified the new ATF gun crap, and is going against the education cabal. He;s also working with NODAKs gov to get refineries and oil partnerships between our states... Just off the top of my head.

Like I said... MUCH. The last defense short of civil war is states standing up. And they are.

@roamer_1

While I applaud and cheer for his efforts,they have no real effect on the high population states controlled by the left.

He's just not worth their trouble to mess with at the moment,but they will get around to him sooner or later.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

While I applaud and cheer for his efforts,they have no real effect on the high population states controlled by the left.

He's just not worth their trouble to mess with at the moment,but they will get around to him sooner or later.

Sorry, that's not how it works. States are sovereign. And I can nearly guarantee the Rockies will be the last to fall. We will be free. MT, ID, WY, UT will not fall easy... Even against the military. Here folks value liberty more than about anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 10:56:17 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sorry, that's not how it works. States are sovereign. And I can nearly guarantee the Rockies will be the last to fall. We will be free. MT, ID, WY, UT will not fall easy... Even against the military. Here folks value liberty more than about anywhere.

@roamer_1

You just keep telling yourself that means something.

It doesn't. All the power lies in the large,heavily-populated states because that is where the votes are,and 99 percent of the politicians are whores for votes because that is what  keeps them in power.

If you want change,you are going to have to think "National",not "local".

BTW,I am positive you understand this as well as me or anyone else,but are just ignoring it because it is an inconvenient truth.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

You just keep telling yourself that means something.

It doesn't. All the power lies in the large,heavily-populated states because that is where the votes are,and 99 percent of the politicians are whores for votes because that is what  keeps them in power.

If you want change,you are going to have to think "National",not "local".

BTW,I am positive you understand this as well as me or anyone else,but are just ignoring it because it is an inconvenient truth.

@sneakypete
Exactly backwards. That is what the electoral college is for.
And since I believe in Federalism as a primary principle, the very LAST thing I will invest is an overweening national government. And that you are chasing after it is not well thought out, and damn well wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
Exactly backwards. That is what the electoral college is for.
And since I believe in Federalism as a primary principle, the very LAST thing I will invest is an overweening national government. And that you are chasing after it is not well thought out, and damn well wrong.

@roamer_1

When was the last Presidential candidate you supported elected?

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

When was the last Presidential candidate you supported elected?

Who cares?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who cares?

@roamer_1

Clearly not you.

Which is the problem.

Politics is,or SHOULD be,about the survival of America as a free nation,and Americans as free citizens.

It is NOT about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They are coming for everything. Depopulation and Decivilization.

It is a straight up declaration of war.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

They are coming for everything. Depopulation and Decivilization.

It is a straight up declaration of war.
Yep.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Clearly not you.

Which is the problem.

Politics is,or SHOULD be,about the survival of America as a free nation,and Americans as free citizens.

It is NOT about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

@sneakypete

Exactly right. And that is what I WILL vote *FOR*
Which is NOT, EVER, voting for big.gov on the right. To include Tumpy the Clown.

What will save America is Conservatism, and nothing else.
I will HAPPILY vote for a Conservative whenever given the chance.
To include DeSantis.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Exactly right. And that is what I WILL vote *FOR*
Which is NOT, EVER, voting for big.gov on the right. To include Tumpy the Clown.

What will save America is Conservatism, and nothing else.
I will HAPPILY vote for a Conservative whenever given the chance.
To include DeSantis.

@roamer_1

You just keep telling yourself that if it's what helps you make it through the night.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

You just keep telling yourself that if it's what helps you make it through the night.

It's the truth. absolutely. And all of history says so.
Disregard it at your peril.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's the truth. absolutely. And all of history says so.
Disregard it at your peril.

@roamer_1

That's a big part of the problem. You live in the past,and refuse to recognize that times and reality changes.

Modern politics is determined by the denizens of the larger cities,not people living in the woods. IF conservatives hope to win,we need a candidate that is not afraid to speak out and demand changes.

Personally,I wouldn't allow Trump to come into my house to get a drink of water if he was thirsty. I'd tell him  to use the outside faucet.

None the less,"Rude Orange Man" IS what we need if we have any hope at all of conservatives gaining power once again.

We NEED Trump for 4  years to upset a lot of applecarts,and then DeSantis for 8 years to come in,clean up,and restore normalcy in place of the collectivism of EVERY admininistration since Reagan left office.