Author Topic: New Study Uses Climate Models, Not Actual Data, To Stoke Sea-Level Alarmism  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY LINNEA LUEKEN ON FEB 17, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

New Study Uses Climate Models, Not Actual Data, To Stoke Sea-Level Alarmism

sea level wave coast floodA recent article in Axios claims that the current rate of global ice sheet melting and sea level rise will rapidly accelerate unless global warming is stopped before it reaches 1.5°C.

Axios also claims that even if greenhouse gas emissions are reduced, sea levels will rise for centuries because of the “delayed response” of ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica. [emphasis, links added]

Axios’ claims are misleading at best. Warming, sea-level rise, and ice melt are likely to continue regardless of human-caused greenhouse gas emissions, as it has been going on for far longer than human emissions have been a factor.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/new-study-uses-climate-models-not-actual-data-to-stoke-sea-level-alarmism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson