Author Topic: Biden Said ‘No’ to Outright Gas Stove Ban; Is Willing to Price Them Out of Existence Instead  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Said ‘No’ to Outright Gas Stove Ban; Is Willing to Price Them Out of Existence Instead
Rachael Wilfong / February 17, 2023

Energy Efficiency standards
President Joe Biden promised Americans last month that he doesn’t support gas stove bans. But this month, his administration released a proposed rule changing energy efficiency standards to make stoves unaffordable for many.

President Joe Biden likely had his fingers crossed last month while promising Americans that the administration “does not support” gas stove bans. That’s because this month, his Department of Energy released a proposed rule updating energy efficiency standards with new costly and stringent standards for conventional cooking products—including gas stoves—that would make them unaffordable for many.

This new rule comes after the media hailstorm in January when a Consumer Safety Product Commission member suggested that the commission would be pursuing a nationwide ban on gas stoves, citing potential health risks as the justification for the move. The White House was quick to respond during a press briefing shortly after, assuring us that the administration was not supportive of such a ban.

Yet, the administration’s actions in its war on conventional fuels belie such claims. This includes proposing unrealistic energy efficiency standards that would alter what products Americans can purchase.

The proposed Energy Department standards are yet another way the administration would achieve its ultimate goal of eliminating conventional fuels. This effort to change consumer demand and put an end to natural gas stoves is already playing out in states and localities across the country. 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/02/17/biden-said-no-to-outright-gas-stove-ban-is-willing-to-price-them-out-of-existence-instead/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's one way to put it.

Another  is to state that this leaves the elites free to continue using  gas stoves,hot water heaters,etc,etc,etc.

It avoids the negative feedback an outright ban might create,while having the same virtual effect and leaving the wealthy  to continue living their lives of comfort.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!