Author Topic: Texas DPS' Olivarez to Newsmax: Nothing Done to Slow Border Crossings  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas DPS' Olivarez to Newsmax: Nothing Done to Slow Border Crossings

By Sandy Fitzgerald    |   Friday, 17 February 2023 08:27 AM EST

There was a slight decrease in the numbers of immigrants coming across the nation's southern border but nothing has changed, as there is still no action being taken against the drug cartels, Texas Highway Patrol Lt. Christopher Olivarez said on Newsmax on Friday.

"There needs to be some change," Olivarez told Newsmax's "Wake Up America." "Some action needs to be done right now. There's a lot of talk, a lot of conversation, a lot of strategies but nothing's been put in place to stem this flow of mass migration that we're seeing and the drugs that are coming across our border."

In addition, there is an increase in Chinese nationals coming into the country, particularly through the Rio Grande Valley, "which is something that we haven't seen before," said Olivarez. "Where we only saw maybe a couple of hundred in the prior year, we're up to almost 2,000 since Oct. 1."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/christopher-olivarez-immigration-border/2023/02/17/id/1109070/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson