Author Topic: Fee for faster pedestrian crossings being considered at California port of entry  (Read 111 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Fee for faster pedestrian crossings being considered at California port of entry
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Feb 16, 2023 / 07:17 PM CST

Updated: Feb 16, 2023 / 07:17 PM CST

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — Mexican officials are proposing a special pathway to eliminate traditionally long northbound border waits for pedestrians at the San Ysidro Port of Entry.

The plan is modeled after the Cross Border Xpress, which quickly delivers air travelers from the U.S. side, via a bridge, into the Tijuana International Airport for a fee.

Figures show that on average, 20,000 people walk into the U.S. on a daily basis through the San Ysidro Port of Entry, where most mornings require two-hour waits.

This plan calls for a special pathway to be built on the Mexican side of the port of entry.

https://www.borderreport.com/hot-topics/border-culture/fee-for-faster-pedestrian-crossings-being-considered-at-california-port-of-entry/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson