Author Topic: Dems propose 'baby bonds' to close the racial wealth gap: 'Black lives and Black wealth matter'  (Read 490 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 16, 2023 10:19am EST
Dems propose 'baby bonds' to close the racial wealth gap: 'Black lives and Black wealth matter'
Democrats propose higher estate taxes to pay for their plan to close the racial wealth gap

By Peter Kasperowicz | Fox News

House and Senate Democrats this week proposed a bill that would instruct the federal government to give anyone born in the U.S. after 2005 a $1,000 "seed savings account," and then make contributions to that account until they are 18 — a plan that sponsors say is aimed at closing America’s "racial wealth gap."

If enacted into law, the bill would transfer billions of dollars in wealth from high-income families to low-income families, as it would fund the program by significantly increasing estate tax revenues.

The "baby bonds" bill, from Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., and Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., would give children up to $2,000 a year in the lowest income families, an amount that would drop as families earn more. If a family were to make more than 500% of the federal poverty level, their kids would only receive the initial $1,000 payment.

They estimate that children in the poorest families would have $46,000 to use for school or buying a home by the time they turn 18, and Booker said in a statement that the plan is explicitly aimed at fixing "wealth inequality."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-propose-baby-bonds-close-racial-wealth-gap-black-lives-black-wealth-matter

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline berdie

Another vote buying project?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Does this racist scam include "Native Americans", Latino children, or just black kids?

How black is black? Does octaroon count?

It's not only BS, but a nightmare.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
No.

The answer is, "No!"

Offline Idiot

The first step towards reparations.`

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The "baby bonds" bill, from Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., and Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., would give children up to $2,000 a year in the lowest income families, an amount that would drop as families earn more. If a family were to make more than 500% of the federal poverty level, their kids would only receive the initial $1,000 payment.

Geez, does anyone believe that the vast majority of the people whose vote their buying is going to give up $2000 grand per kid per year? Just one more incentive for welfare mommies to squirt out as many friggin paychecks as possible. I guess the democraps are worried that they may not keep the Black vote for the 200 years LBJ thought they would so they are looking to add insurance and buy the Hispanic vote too!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When I was a kid, we bought 'savings stamps'. When you got your booklet full, you could use it to get a Series E Savings Bond.

Why not reinstate that sort of program and let them decide how much they want to put toward their or their kids futures. We had to pay for our lunches, too, so they are already that far ahead.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

When I was a kid, we bought 'savings stamps'. When you got your booklet full, you could use it to get a Series E Savings Bond.

Why not reinstate that sort of program and let them decide how much they want to put toward their or their kids futures. We had to pay for our lunches, too, so they are already that far ahead.

Because they don't want the beneficiaries of these bonds paying for them - they want you and I, and every other productive American, to pay for them.

Offline goatprairie

If people aren’t taught how to manage money, the vast majority of the recipients aka ignorati will waste the money they get within a year.
They will be just as indigent and reliant on gov. as they were before they received their ill-gotten gains.