Author Topic: The Country That Has The Most Time Zones Will No Doubt Surprise You  (Read 342 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Country That Has The Most Time Zones Will No Doubt Surprise You
Without Googling, which country do you think has the most time zones? Hint: it isn't Russia.
author
TOM HALE

A multi-colored map showing the many different time zones across the world.
Map showing the many different time zones across the world. Image credit: D1min/Shutterstock.com

When you wonder which country has the most time zones, your mind probably goes to the countries with the largest area – Russia, Canada, the USA, China, etc – but that is incorrect. Instead, it’s better to think about the question in terms of history, colonialism, and global extent rather than sheer land mass.

Surprisingly, the country with the most time zones is France with 12 (13 including its claim in Antarctica), according to Guinness World Records. This high number is primarily because of the various territories across the globe it still rules over, from French Polynesia and islands in the Caribbean right across to islands in the Indian Ocean and Western Pacific.

The time zones that are observed in France, as well as its overseas territories, are as follows:

https://www.iflscience.com/the-country-that-has-the-most-time-zones-will-no-doubt-surprise-you-67511
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Country That Has The Most Time Zones Will No Doubt Surprise You
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 06:01:58 pm »
China has just one time zone, and it's enormous!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 11:12:38 pm »
Cyber quipped:
"China has just one time zone, and it's enormous!"

That's because in China, "what time it is" is whatever time the Party SAYS it is...!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 11:20:53 pm »
Cyber quipped:
"China has just one time zone, and it's enormous!"

That's because in China, "what time it is" is whatever time the Party SAYS it is...!

They also don't do DST.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 11:52:11 pm »
Does anyone really know what time zone it is. And does anyone really care.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.