Author Topic: The Biden border crisis is happening on the northern border, too  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Biden border crisis is happening on the northern border, too
« on: February 16, 2023, 03:39:57 pm »
KAREN TOWNSEND 8:41 AM on February 15, 2023

AP Photo/Elaine Thompson

The Biden border crisis is affecting the northern border. There is a historic surge in illegal immigration on the northern border with migrants entering the United States from Canada. In January there were more apprehensions than in the last 12 years combined.

There was a record-high of 367 apprehensions in Swanton, Vermont in January. That may not look like a big number but the town’s population is only 6,701 according to the 2020 census. The migrants were mostly Mexican nationals. That is more than the Border Patrol agents encountered since 2011 combined. Over the last 12 years, the average number of migrant crossings in the Swanton Sector is just 28. The agents have noted that more family groups are coming across with young children and infants.

Swanton Sector Chief Patrol Agent Robert N. Garcia warned migrants not to make the trip in the frigid weather. Agents had to conduct at least two rescue missions in January.

‘ Illegal crossings of the Canada/U.S. border in sub-freezing temps continued last week, as Border Patrol Agents apprehended 115 subjects from 12 countries — mostly Mexican nationals,’ he noted in a tweet with an image of migrants trudging through the snow.

‘Unfortunately, perilous weather has done nothing to deter this traffic. Don’t risk it!’

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/02/15/the-biden-border-crisis-is-happening-on-the-northern-border-too-n530839
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson