Author Topic: "Twitter Files" Reveal The Structure Of The Relationship Between Social Media Companies And FBI Requ  (Read 436 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Real Clear Politics By Tim Hains 2/13/2023

Matt Taibbi: "Twitter Files" Reveal The Structure Of The Relationship Between Social Media Companies And FBI Requests For Censorship

"Racket News" and "Twitter Files" journalist Matt Taibbi discusses what he's learned about the relationship between Twitter and the FBI, how Twitter handled the suspension of former President Trump after January 6, and what they found about Russiagate, with Joe Rogan:

JOE ROGAN: Has anything been surprising to you?

MATT TAIBBI: Going into it, I thought that the relationship between these security agencies like the FBI and DHS, and companies like Twitter and Facebook was a little less formal. I thought maybe they had an advisory role. What we find is that it is very formalized.

They have a really intense structure that they've worked out over a period of years, where they have regular meetings, they have a system where the DHS handles censorship requests that come up from the states and the FBI handles the international ones, and they all flood all these companies. It is a big bureaucracy. I don't think we expected to see that.

JOE ROGAN: It is very bizarre to me that they would openly call for censorship in emails. Private transmissions -- but ones that are easily duplicated, you can send them to other people, it can easily get out. They're so comfortable with the idea that the government should be involved in this censorship of what turns out to be true information, especially in the case of the Hunter Biden laptop... that they would send it in emails.

MATT TAIBBI: Yeah, I think that shows you the mentality. They really, genuinely felt that they were impregnable and they don't have anyone to answer to. A normal person doesn't put incriminating things in emails because we all have the expectation that someday it might come out. These folks didn't act that way.

I was especially shocked by an email from a staffer for Adam Schiff, the [Democratic] California Congressman, where they are just outright saying, "We would like you to suspend the accounts of this journalist and anybody who retweets information about this committee." This is a member of Congress, right?

None of these people have legal backgrounds, but they've got lawyers in the office for sure. This is the House Intelligence Committee. You would think that they would have better operational security.

Another moment that was shocking to me was an email from an FBI agent named Elvis Chan in San Francisco to Twitter, and they're setting up this Signal group which is going to include all the top, sort of, censorship executives at all the big companies, and it is a word document that has all the phone numbers of all these important executives. And the subject line reads, "Phone numbers" and the Word document is just called "secret phone numbers." And I'm just thinking, this is how they taught you to do it at Quantico?

More: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/02/13/matt_taibbi_twitter_files_reveals_the_structure_of_the_relationship_between_social_media_companies_and_fbi_requests_for_censorship.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWQGYpSoiYU

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Upper eschelon of the FBI is rotton to the core, and has turned it into a modern Gestapo. 

I now also do not trust 95%+ of any of the agents.  Those not speaking out on this matter are just as complicit in my opinion.

My message to good honest FBI agents.....  Come out in masses and call out this hijacking of our Federal law enforcement and war on anyone and everything right of center.   

If we can get 1000's of whistle blowers simutaneously to report it honestly , we might be able to fix this thing.

Bonus points to Rogan for getting this out.  He is the most watched and listened to person on earth......    Hope this gets it some legs.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 02:44:46 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Upper eschelon of the FBI is rotton to the core, and has turned it into a modern Gestapo. 

I now also do not trust 95%+ of any of the agents.  Those not speaking out on this matter are just as complicit in my opinion.

My message to good honest FBI agents.....  Come out in masses and call out this hijacking of our Federal law enforcement and war on anyone and everything right of center.   

If we can get 1000's of whistle blowers simutaneously to report it honestly , we might be able to fix this thing.

Bonus points to Rogan for getting this out.  He is the most watched and listened to person on earth......    Hope this gets it some legs.

:thumbsup: