Author Topic: No, Renewables Are Not The ‘Cheapest Form Of New Energy’  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, Renewables Are Not The ‘Cheapest Form Of New Energy’
« on: February 15, 2023, 01:23:57 pm »
WRITTEN BY BEN BEATTIE ON FEB 14, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

No, Renewables Are Not The ‘Cheapest Form Of New Energy’

‘Renewables are the cheapest form of new energy.’ – Chris Bowen

A return to typical Queensland summer conditions this month has seen large electricity consumers paid to use less and the electricity market operator (AEMO) scrambling to balance the grid and prevent blackouts.

Yet feckless politicians continue to erode the future prosperity of Australians by ensuring energy costs continue to increase; despite there being more raw energy in oil, coal, gas, and uranium available than ever before in human history. [emphasis, links added]

We, consumers, are repeatedly told that wind and solar are ‘the cheapest form of new energy’, when in fact, the cost of electricity is increasing in parallel to the rise of renewables.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/no-renewables-are-not-the-cheapest-form-of-new-energy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson