Author Topic: Minnesota Democrats Vote to Freeze in the Dark by 2040  (Read 271 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Minnesota Democrats Vote to Freeze in the Dark by 2040
« on: February 15, 2023, 01:15:31 pm »
Minnesota Democrats Vote to Freeze in the Dark by 2040
15 hours ago David Middleton 62 Comments
Guest “You can’t fix stupid,” by David Middleton

Governor Walz Signs Bill Moving Minnesota to 100 Percent Clean Energy by 2040
February 7, 2023 | Energy

Governor Tim Walz today signed into law legislation establishing a Minnesota carbon-free electricity standard. With Senate File 4, Minnesota will take steps to lower greenhouse gas emissions, combat the climate crisis, and create new clean energy jobs. The new law ensures Minnesotans will continue to have reliable, affordable, and safe energy resources. Governor Walz signed the bill alongside legislators, labor, and environmental advocates at the St. Paul Regional Labor Center.

[…]

The bill establishes a standard for utilities to supply Minnesota customers with electricity generated or procured from carbon-free resources, beginning at an amount equal to 80% of retail sales for public utility customers in Minnesota in 2030 and increasing every 5 years to reach 100% for all electric utilities by 2040. The bill also requires that, by 2035, an amount equal to at least 55% of an electric utility’s total retail electric sales to customers in Minnesota must be generated or procured from eligible energy technologies.

The bill encourages utilities to locate new energy generating facilities in communities where fossil-fuel-generating plants have been retired or are scheduled for retirement and prioritize projects that maximize local employment, including employment of workers from communities where generation has been retired.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/14/minnesota-to-return-to-ice-age-by-2040/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Minnesota Democrats Vote to Freeze in the Dark by 2040
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 11:17:35 pm »
For some of the blue states, there will be "no going back".

How much longer until traditional-minded Americans understand that "separation" is the only possible choice...?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 11:34:51 pm »
Decarbonization is an remote, abstract concept until the energy bills increase and there are energy shortages.

In the meantime, there will be under-investment in energy infrastructure because the government is depressing and eliminating return on investment.

Once, the unwashed masses realize what's happening, it will take years and expensive re-investment in energy infrastructure to return to a reliable energy supply.

In the meantime, wood stoves and wood fireplace inserts are a good investment for homeowners.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 11:45:18 pm »
In ND, we export about half of the electricity we generate.
Minnesota is one of the client states, along with Montana, South Dakota and parts of Canada.

But, using the world's largest lignite reserve, over half of our electricity is generated using coal.

Does Minnesota only want to buy wind generated electricity?

How do we separate those electrons from the other ones?
(Or should we just pull the breakers and let them get it elsewhere?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis