Author Topic: Democratic Rep Suggests Traditional Families Are ‘Un-American’  (Read 329 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democratic Rep Suggests Traditional Families Are ‘Un-American’

Immigrant Mother And Family Suffer With COVID-19 As Teacher Cares For Their Healthy Newborn
John Moore/Getty Images

LAUREL DUGGAN
SOCIAL ISSUES AND CULTURE REPORTER
February 14, 2023
6:41 PM ET

Democratic South Dakota state Rep. Erin Healy suggested that idealizing the traditional two-parent married household is “dangerous” and “un-American” in a Monday tweet.

Healy was rebuking Family Heritage Alliance’s claim that a home with a married mother and father was the safest place for a child. Critics came to the group’s defense, with some pointing to data supporting the claim that married biological parents are the safest adults for children to live with.

“Extremist group Family Heritage Alliance said this morning that the safest place for kids are in families that have a married mom and dad. What a dangerous and un-American belief,” Healy wrote. It’s unclear what specific comments Healy was referring to, as her office and Family Heritage Alliance did not respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s requests for comment.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/14/democrat-erin-healy-south-dakota-traditional-families/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Democratic Rep Suggests Traditional Families Are ‘Un-American’
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 11:48:27 am »
She must also believe parents have no right to have input on the education of their children. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 05:42:41 pm »
Communist have long believed in breaking up family units, that the oppressive government then has more power, regardless of the society destruction it causes.
Democrats demanded and got Czars running our government now.   Many Chinese spys in place now too.  Thank the democrats virtuous awhorings!  Utopia, utopia!
 :smokin: 22222frying pan :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 07:27:55 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 07:39:28 pm »
I will reiterate:

The primary reason for a civil society is to offer a safe place for women, and for families to raise children.

If society no longer performs that function, it cannot survive long, and is destined to end in infamy.