Author Topic: Ford halts production and shipments of its electric F-150 Lightning due to potential battery issue  (Read 594 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNBC by Michael Wayland 2/14/2023

Ford halts production and shipments of its electric F-150 Lightning due to potential battery issue

Key Points

•   Ford Motor has paused production and shipments of its electric F-150 Lightning pickup due to a potential battery issue.

•   The EV truck is being closely watched by investors, as it’s the first mainstream electric pickup on the market and a major launch for Ford.

•   The production halt adds to ongoing “execution issues” detailed to investors earlier this month by Ford CEO Jim Farley.

Ford Motor

has paused production and shipments of its electric F-150 Lightning pickup due to a potential battery issue, the company said Tuesday.

Ford spokeswoman Emma Bergg declined to disclose details of the possible battery issue, which is being investigated after a vehicle displayed a potential problem as part of the automaker’s pre-delivery quality inspections.

The stop-shipment order and halt in production was issued at the beginning of last week, according to Bergg. It adds to ongoing “execution issues” detailed to investors earlier this month by Ford CEO Jim Farley that crippled the automaker’s fourth-quarter earnings.

Shares of Ford were down about 1% in midafternoon trading Tuesday. The stock was trading for under $13 a share.

More: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/14/ford-halts-f-150-lightning-production.html

Offline Kamaji

Offline DB

What idiot that actually uses a truck as a truck would buy one of these???

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What idiot that actually uses a truck as a truck would buy one of these???
How many F-150s out there actually get used as a truck? for what percentage of their service life?

While there a lot of them that do, there is another group who seldom do. I'd guess that proportion to be roughly half, from what I have seen in an area where pickups are a common oilfield fleet vehicle, but must admit I really don't know the numbers.

The other 'common as cat dirt' work truck here is a 1 ton dually with a steel bed and headache rack, doing service for everything from pulling 40' hotshot trailers to working as welding trucks.

I really don't see electrics replacing any of those any time soon.

I have a pickup I use strictly for hauling stuff, but it spends most of its time idle.
I don't use it as a daily driver, but when I need a truck (which is why I bought it).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Once I drove my new pickup to Schlumberger to pick up some failed transformers to tear down and analyze their failures. Their forklift driver refused to put the pallet of xformers into my truck. I had to grab an empty pallet, put it in the bed and transfer the xformers by hand. They weren't too big. I was so glad when I wore off the new on that truck.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
:mauslaff:

Yep, even Big Auto can float and plant false flags as good as anyone can't they?  :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yep, even Big Auto can float and plant false flags as good as anyone can't they?  :silly:

"We are canceling New Coke but it doesn't have anything to do with sales."

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

How many F-150s out there actually get used as a truck? for what percentage of their service life?

While there a lot of them that do, there is another group who seldom do. I'd guess that proportion to be roughly half, from what I have seen in an area where pickups are a common oilfield fleet vehicle, but must admit I really don't know the numbers.

The other 'common as cat dirt' work truck here is a 1 ton dually with a steel bed and headache rack, doing service for everything from pulling 40' hotshot trailers to working as welding trucks.

I really don't see electrics replacing any of those any time soon.

I have a pickup I use strictly for hauling stuff, but it spends most of its time idle.
I don't use it as a daily driver, but when I need a truck (which is why I bought it).

I am driving my first or second half-ton truck ever... ALL my trucks have been 3/4T Heavies or 1T... what pickup trucks do is WORK. I don't think back-east folks understand how ubiquitous the pickup is in Western culture.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I must not haul near as much as y'all as for almost all of my towing, I used a 1/2T, though I have hauled with my 3/4T. Out of all my trucks, I've only purchased one new. My current 1/2T, used, my daily driver, is a 98K1500. My 3/4 T is a 56 3600. Only 1 was a F150. All the rest, Chevy.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I must not haul near as much as y'all as for almost all of my towing, I used a 1/2T, though I have hauled with my 3/4T. Out of all my trucks, I've only purchased one new. My current 1/2T, used, my daily driver, is a 98K1500. My 3/4 T is a 56 3600. Only 1 was a F150. All the rest, Chevy.

Over the years I've learned that it is FAR better to have a little too much rather than not quite enough when it comes to trucks and tractors.  I currently drive a 2007 Ram 3500 with a 5.9 Cummins. Don't always need all that but when I do it's there.  20+ MPG on the highway unloaded.

- J. R. R. Tolkien