Author Topic: Are NOAA scientists being silenced?  (Read 132 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are NOAA scientists being silenced?
« on: February 14, 2023, 02:55:25 pm »
Are NOAA scientists being silenced?

Since the beginning of December there have been at least twelve strandings of whales along the New York and New Jersey shores, all resulting in the death of these animals. An abnormal amount of strandings have been reported in a few southern states as well during this time frame, exacerbating
what NOAA has declared as an unusual mortality event taking place on the East coast that started in 2016. These deaths include, Humpback, Minke, Fin, Sperm, Northern Right Whale, various Dolphins and more since 2016. Many of the Mammals stranded are endangered species, with the Northern Right Whale considered critically endangered having a population of less then 350 animals remaining, which is down from close to 500 only a decade ago. A curious coincidence among these particular marine mammals is that they are classified as Low frequency cetaceans, meaning that they communicate, navigate and feed using low frequency sound. Similar to the frequency most commonly used for sonar mapping or submarine detection by the Navy.

The US Navy has performed extensive research into the effects of sonar on marine organisms including on its own divers, [Appendix 1 A -Safe diving distances from transmitting sonar], and reluctantly admitted that their sonar operations have been the cause of a number of marine mammal strandings through the years. Granted they did not want to admit this, but the facts, and sheer number of “coincidences” of their sonar testing and marine mammal strandings were too hard to ignore. I believe that the Navy knows a lot more about the underwater effects of sound then they are letting on, as their use of Dolphins for military purposes undoubtedly would have involved extensive research into how much sound a Dolphin can experience without causing it physical damage. Stands to reason if they did extensive research into the effect of sonar on human divers, then they also did the same for the Dolphins they spent millions of dollars to train. Much of their research is available to the public, and most likely has been used by NOAA as source material, because it seems like NOAA refuses to fund their own research into the effects of both seismic and sonar operations. Why not?

http://fisherynation.com/are-noaa-scientists-being-silenced
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson