Author Topic: Wrong, Phys.org, Atmospheric Rivers and Hurricanes are Not Getting Worse  (Read 137 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wrong, Phys.org, Atmospheric Rivers and Hurricanes are Not Getting Worse
By Linnea Lueken -February 13, 20230

A recent article at Phys.org, originally published by the Chicago Tribune, says that climate change is behind the recent atmospheric river events in California, as well as an alleged increase in Category 4 and 5 hurricanes. This is false. Atmospheric rivers are a natural part of the West coast’s climate, and and neither historic data, nor recent trend data, indicate that the frequency or severity of those events are increasing. Likewise, there has been no increase in major hurricanes over the past hundred years of global warming.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/02/wrong-phys-org-atmospheric-rivers-and-hurricanes-are-not-getting-worse/

In “Climate change is fueling extreme weather. How do we make a difference?,” writer Barbara Willard makes several false claims regarding climate change and extreme weather, the most immediately egregious being that recent atmospheric rivers are being fueled by climate change, and that deadly hurricanes are becoming more common. Single weather events, or even seasons of bad weather, can’t be used to measure climate change, which is measured as at least a 30-year trend of regional weather.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson