Author Topic: Photo of Kari Lake refusing to stand during Black national anthem at Super Bowl goes viral  (Read 1297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 13, 2023 2:42pm EST
Photo goes viral of Kari Lake refusing to stand during Black national anthem before Super Bowl
The playing of 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' at the Super Bowl sparked controversy nationwide

By Brandon Gillespie | Fox News

A photo of former Arizona Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake attending Super Bowl LVII has gone viral, but for reasons you might not expect.

The former news anchor turned GOP firebrand was seen sitting during the controversial playing of the Black national anthem ahead of the game, which took place Sunday at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

A photo of her refusing to stand for the anthem was posted on social media and quickly sparked a frenzy of people praising her decision.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/photo-goes-viral-kari-lake-refusing-stand-during-black-national-anthem-super-bowl
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's my Lady!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
February 13, 2023 2:42pm EST
Photo goes viral of Kari Lake refusing to stand during Black national anthem before Super Bowl
The playing of 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' at the Super Bowl sparked controversy nationwide

Online mountaineer

So what? It's not the national anthem and does not deserve the respect that standing demonstrates.

I didn't watch this rendition live - just caught a little bit of the game and went to bed early, but I'm going to be a wet blanket and say I didn't care for the singing of the actual national anthem, which I just now watched. I wish people would just stick to the tune, as written. It really shouldn't be "interpreted":

Oh, say (breath)
can you see
through the dawn (breath)
zearly light.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

Why should she feel compelled to stand for something that is not, in fact, the National Anthem?

Online mountaineer

There is no black national anthem. Apparently, we're not allowed to say that.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sometimes small individual acts can blossom into greater movements.

Think of Rosa Parks on that bus...

(and the highest "BRAVO!" for Ms. Lake)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

Not as viral as the National anthem. Stapleton broke the internet.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If White people or Asians or Hispanics or any other non-Black people stand for the "Black" National Anthem (nation unknown?), isn't that the Woke definition of Cultural Appropriation? Shouldn't we all just stay out of it and let the Blacks do their thing? That's how it works in all other things. She didn't stand because it does not involve her. Which is what the Left say everyone should do.

You wouldn't understand! It's a Black thang!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 02:06:12 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why should she feel compelled to stand for something that is not, in fact, the National Anthem?
Exactly. Good for her! :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

There is no black national anthem. Apparently, we're not allowed to say that.
There is no "Black Nation" and if we allow it to be partitioned off by superficial characteristics, there won't be an America, either.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe wrote:
"There is no "Black Nation" and if we allow it to be partitioned off by superficial characteristics, there won't be an America, either."

I predict that at some point in the future, there WILL be "a black nation" cut out from a piece of the [former] United States.

There MUST be one, because so long as blacks live in the "racis'" USA, they will ALWAYS be told they live "under white oppression".

They'll be told the only way to escape such oppression will be to inherit their own "nation", one in which they can live as they please.

Of course, it will quickly dissolve into a North American version of Haiti, but that's a story for another day.

It's going to be the same for the tens of millions of illegals, mostly Hispanic, as well. We can see that NOW, in California and New Mexico, where white gringos are now an absolute minority. Texas may not be all that many years behind. Look at the numbers for hospital births there.

The only way "America" (the 50-state "union") can continue to exist is under an increasingly autocratic DC government controlled bt the left.

How would you "reconcile" Montana with Massachusetts...?
Or Florida with Illinois?
Will the citizens of such states EVER have "common beliefs" again?

Offline berdie

I don't blame Lake for not standing. Neither did I.

Not anything to do with racism. We have one national anthem.

Online Kamaji

I don't blame Lake for not standing. Neither did I.

Not anything to do with racism. We have one national anthem.

Exactly, and the so-called "black national anthem" ain't it.

Online roamer_1

Federalism.
And it is not a state problem anyway. Folks in rural Illinois think just like I do. Rural anywhere thinks pretty well the same - Different because of different environments, but relatively the same. I am pretty much at home 20 miles away from any large city.

It is most definitely a City v. Rural problem... Just being mirrored into the states with mega-cities big enough to control the state.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 03:00:19 am by roamer_1 »

Online mountaineer

The headline is stupid. "Refusing to stand." Did someone ask or order her to stand? I doubt it. The music started and other people stood. She didn't. She disobeyed no directive. She didn't refuse anything. She simply remained seated.

Online andy58-in-nh

The headline is stupid. "Refusing to stand." Did someone ask or order her to stand? I doubt it. The music started and other people stood. She didn't. She disobeyed no directive. She didn't refuse anything. She simply remained seated.

Exactly. There was no reason to stand. America has a national anthem, and that ain't it. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Polly Ticks

It's probably the RBF as much as the sitting that made it go viral.  Either way, good for her.  I wish more people would stop going along with nonsense.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So what? She's not black; it's not her national anthem.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe Lake should have taken a knee.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So what? She's not black; it's not her national anthem.

:facepalm2:

Offline Smokin Joe

Joe wrote:
"There is no "Black Nation" and if we allow it to be partitioned off by superficial characteristics, there won't be an America, either."

I predict that at some point in the future, there WILL be "a black nation" cut out from a piece of the [former] United States.

The only way "America" (the 50-state "union") can continue to exist is under an increasingly autocratic DC government controlled bt the left.
You mean, preserve the Union by Force??

Oh, it's been done.
Heck, it's hard to reconcile North Dakota with Minnesota.
You don't have to reach far, geographically, but the philosophical gulf is widening.

C S Lewis