Author Topic: Migrants turn back to Mexico after buses-to-Canada rumor debunked  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrants turn back to Mexico after buses-to-Canada rumor debunked
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Feb 9, 2023 / 06:51 PM CST

Updated: Feb 9, 2023 / 06:51 PM CST

Hundreds who turned themselves in to agents at border wall likely facing expulsion, loss of asylum privileges

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Mauricio Mata braved near-freezing temperatures and ventured to the border wall on the other side of the Rio Grande on Wednesday night under the impression U.S. authorities would be busing him and other Venezuelan asylum-seekers to the Canadian border.

But after several hours of standing in a crowd of more than 500 people, Mata realized it was all a lie.

“We were certain it was true and that we would be given priority to go to Canada. But immigration (officers) told us that if we surrendered to them, they would send us back,” Mata said Thursday in a park within walking distance of the river in Juarez, Mexico. “I turned back because I don’t want to start over after all I suffered in coming here.”

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/migrants-turn-back-to-mexico-after-buses-to-canada-rumor-debunked/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson