Author Topic: Final Brief Submitted In CHECC v. EPA  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Final Brief Submitted In CHECC v. EPA
« on: February 13, 2023, 10:58:59 am »
Final Brief Submitted In CHECC v. EPA
February 11, 2023/ Francis Menton

The briefing is now complete in Concerned Household Electricity Consumers Council v. EPA.  That is the case, currently pending in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, where a small and brave band of electricity consumers, CHECC, challenges the “science” behind EPA’s 2009 finding that CO2 and other “greenhouse gases” constitute a danger to human health and welfare.  I am one of the attorneys for CHECC.

Our final Reply Brief was filed originally on Tuesday February 7, and then re-filed in corrected form the next day.  (The reason for “correction” is too trivial to go into here.  The clerks in the D.C. Circuit take great pleasure in devising trivial reasons to require lawyers to file “corrected” briefs.). Here is a link to the brief.  It probably requires a subscription to access.  Over the next few days we will probably come up with a way to provide a public access link to the full set of briefs in the case. 

In the case, we ask the court to compel EPA to go back and re-assess the “science” of greenhouse gas “endangerment.”  The briefing process gave EPA the chance to put its best foot forward as to the scientific basis underlying the finding of endangerment.  What is truly remarkable is the extent to which EPA, not to mention the entire government-backed scientific establishment, completely lack any real scientific basis for the claim of great “danger.”  The briefing has made that embarrassingly clear. 

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2023-2-11-final-brief-submitted-in-checc-v-epa
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson