Author Topic: Court agrees to revisit case on program shielding over 300,000 immigrants from deportation  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Court agrees to revisit case on program shielding over 300,000 immigrants from deportation
BY CAMILO MONTOYA-GALVEZ

FEBRUARY 10, 2023 / 10:01 PM / CBS NEWS

Washington — A federal appeals court on Friday decided to revisit a case that could decide the fate of more than 300,000 immigrants living in the U.S. legally on humanitarian grounds, setting aside a ruling that had allowed the government to revoke their temporary legal status.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals voided a 2020 ruling issued by a three-judge panel in the California-based appeals court that had allowed the Trump administration to terminate the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) of hundreds of thousands of immigrants from El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, Nepal, Nicaragua and Sudan.

Granting a request by attorneys representing immigrants enrolled in the TPS programs, the appeals court said it would hear the case once more, this time "en banc," or with all active judges participating. It's unclear though when the 9th Circuit could rule on the case again.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/appeals-court-temporary-protected-status-program-immigrants-deportation/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson