Author Topic: Save Earth by blowing holes in the moon? Moon dust as a sunscreen for Earth  (Read 626 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Save Earth by blowing holes in the moon? Moon dust as a sunscreen for Earth
Earth, Space, dark, Art, fantasy, extinction. Universe.
Art by Ofjd125gk87

By Jo Nova

In the next great environmental cult moment, “The Science” has a plan to explode a 10-billion-kilogram dust cloud off the moon between the Earth and the Sun. Shimmery white moon dust will dim the evil solar rays and “save us from our addiction to fossil fuels” (at least until we run out of Moon). The dust will disperse every couple of weeks, so we just need to keep topping up our global sunscreen by setting the explosives off. At least it probably won’t kill many whales.

The plan involves getting man back on the moon for the first time in fifty years, setting up a moon base, and a permanent mining colony, but (guard your coffee) — it might be cost effective:

Squirting a carefully calculated stream of Moondust from a future lunar station at the right point between the Sun and Earth might be the most cost-effective, risk-free means of keeping our cool until we come to our senses and cut emissions.

— PLOS Climate

But not as cost effective as spending 0.000000001% of that to check the science and blow up a few climate models instead.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/02/save-earth-by-blowing-holes-in-the-moon-moon-dust-as-a-sunscreen-for-earth/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
What could go wrong?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Kamaji

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
These people are nuts.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
These people are nuts.

Even people who are nuts can have a grasp on reality once in a while.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Earth doesn't need a sunscreen.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just suppose for a moment, that they got it wrong and plunged the Earth into another ice age.

How would they clean that mess up?

how would they ever manufacture enough winter gear for the folks who live where it's warm?

Especially if they stop oil production like these nuts want to do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just suppose for a moment, that they got it wrong and plunged the Earth into another ice age.

How would they clean that mess up?

how would they ever manufacture enough winter gear for the folks who live where it's warm?

Especially if they stop oil production like these nuts want to do.
Considering the idiots that come up with these ideas their solution would be to take a page from Spaceballs and want to build a Mega Maid ship to vacuum up all the dust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQAvMUUJr4

These are the people that want to put giant mirrors in space to reflect the sunlight, or distribute all sorts of chemicals or materials into the atmosphere without having a single clue as to what could happen....you know, morons.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Someone seriously needs to do something with these insane people.

They need to be locked up into looney bins, before some equally insane politician thinks it is a good idea.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There have been a few "post-apocalyptic" films made in which the disaster results after attempts to "save the planet" from environmental ills...