Author Topic: Biden administration considers deporting non-Mexican migrants to Mexico  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden administration considers deporting non-Mexican migrants to Mexico
By Priscilla Alvarez, CNN
Updated 9:04 AM EST, Thu February 9, 2023

Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images
CNN
 —
The Biden administration is considering deporting non-Mexican migrants to Mexico in an unprecedented step to stem the flow of migration to the US southern border, according to two Homeland Security officials.

Since taking office, President Joe Biden has wrestled with a growing number of migrants at the US-Mexico border, fueling criticism from Republicans and concern among some Democrats.

To manage the flow, the administration has leaned on a Trump-era Covid-19 restriction, known as Title 42, to turn away certain migrants encountered at the US-Mexico border. But with the clock ticking on its potential expiration and amid ongoing litigation, officials are considering other enforcement measures as thousands of migrants continue to move into the Western hemisphere.

The plan under consideration, which was first reported by The Washington Post, would make use of a fast-track deportation process known as “expedited removal.” Administration officials have repeatedly mentioned doubling down on the procedure in discussing post-Title 42 plans.

https://us.cnn.com/2023/02/09/politics/biden-administration-border-deportations-mexico/index.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 02:58:59 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden administration considers deporting non-Mexican migrants to Mexico
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 03:00:38 pm »
Why not deport them to Madagascar, or Diego Garcia, or Antarctica? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden administration considers deporting non-Mexican migrants to Mexico
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 03:50:21 pm »
In 1961, Bobby Kennedy deported Carlos Marcello ((Sicilian) New Orleans Mafia Boss) to Guatemala.

So, such a thing is not unprecedented.  As long as they get deported someplace else to become someone else's problem.

////00000////

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.