Author Topic: The MInd-Boggling High Costs Of Expanding Our Grid For Renewables  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROBERT BRYCE ON FEB 9, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The MInd-Boggling High Costs Of Expanding Our Grid For Renewables

electricity power linesBillionaires, bureaucrats, and academics claim that shifting to an all-renewable electricity system will require doubling or tripling the size of our high-voltage transmission grid. Talking about it is easy. Making it happen? That’s an entirely different story.

Last month, Michael Bloomberg, the New York-based mega-billionaire wrote an article for his news outlet that was headlined “Winter Blackouts Highlight Need For Clean Energy.” [emphasis, links added]

In the article, Bloomberg, who is giving $500 million to the Beyond Carbon project through his charity Bloomberg Philanthropies, claimed that our electric grid should rely more on weather-dependent renewables because “renewable energy has advantages over coal and gas in severe weather.”

The MInd-Boggling High Costs Of Expanding Our Grid For Renewables
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson