Author Topic: Using Your Air Conditioner is a Form of Climate Denial  (Read 148 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Using Your Air Conditioner is a Form of Climate Denial
« on: February 10, 2023, 12:21:59 pm »

2023February9The Conversation:
Using Your Air Conditioner is a Form of Climate Denial

RIDICULAE
The Conversation: Using Your Air Conditioner is a Form of Climate Denial
10 hours ago Eric Worrall 54 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

“… If we use technologies like aircon to avoid dealing with the root causes of climate change, we are in denial.  …”

The new climate denial? Using wealth to insulate yourself from discomfort and change

Published: February 7, 2023 3.48pm AEDT
Hannah Della Bosca
PhD Candidate and Research Assistant at Sydney Environment Institute, University of Sydney

While the days of overt climate denial are mostly over, there’s a distinct form of denial emerging in its stead. You may have experienced it and not even realised. It’s called implicatory denial, and it happens when you consciously recognise climate change as a serious threat without making significant changes to your everyday behaviour in response.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/09/smh-using-your-air-conditioner-is-a-form-of-climate-denial/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Using Your Air Conditioner is a Form of Climate Denial
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 12:24:07 pm »
I'll bet the Capitol, the residences of every elected official, the White House, the homes of St. Algore, and Bill Gates all have A/C. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson