Author Topic: Go Woke, Go Broke: Disney to Axe 7,000 Jobs as Company Faces Backlash Over Left-Wing Agenda  (Read 322 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Go Woke, Go Broke: Disney to Axe 7,000 Jobs as Company Faces Backlash Over Left-Wing Agenda

Claire Sprang
February 9, 2023
Disney on Wednesday announced it is cutting 7,000 jobs as the corporate giant weathers declining revenue amid backlash to its woke agenda.

The layoffs will allow Disney to cut a total of $5.5 billion in costs, with $3 billion coming out of content, CNBC reported. CEO Robert Iger said Disney will also reorganize into three divisions: entertainment, ESPN, and parks and experiences.

The overhaul follows recent setbacks for Disney last year under former CEO Bob Chapek. The Florida government has attempted to crack down on the family entertainment company's left-wing agenda, with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R.) threatening to retract Disney's tax-cut privileges and autonomy as a special district. Disney has faced criticism for its open opposition to the Parental Rights in Education Act, dubbed by Democrats as the "Don't Say Gay" bill, which prohibits teachers from discussing sex and gender identity with children younger than the third grade.

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/go-woke-go-broke-disney-to-axe-7000-jobs-as-company-faces-backlash-over-left-wing-agenda/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 11:49:20 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They may as well throw old Walt's head away.  He won't like what he sees if it can ever be re-attached. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In other news It was announced the Toy Story 5 is set for production.  Disney signed Tim Allen to voice Buzz Lightyear.

Seems that flaming pile of woke they called "Lightyear" bombed so bad it woke a broke Disney up. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

The problem is that these companies hire these young people who believe the world is like their first two years in any University in an attempt to become hip
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum