Author Topic: BREAKING: Report Finds Imbalance Between Defense Strategies, Industrial Base Capacity  (Read 90 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DEFENSE DEPARTMENT

BREAKING: Report Finds Imbalance Between Defense Strategies, Industrial Base Capacity
2/8/2023
By Mikayla Easley   

U.S. national security policies and financial investments are not aligned to support the defense industrial base’s need to support great power competition, according to a new report released Feb. 8.

The annual report’s fourth iteration — “Vital Signs 2023: Posturing the U.S. Defense Industrial Base for Great Power Competition” — found that several components that make up a resilient industrial base have declined in the post-Cold War era. Budget and economic instability, labor challenges and a limited surge capacity were indicators headed in the wrong direction, the report said.

Vital Signs is an annual study published by the National Defense Industrial Association, which also publishes National Defense magazine.

“U.S. policies and financial investments are not currently oriented to support a defense ecosystem built for peer conflict,” the report read. “This was a troubling truth during the last 20 years of asymmetric conflict against non-state actors. In the return of great power competition, this gap is an unsustainable indictment.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/2/8/report-finds-imbalance-between-us-defense-strategies-industrial-base-capacity
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson