Author Topic: Study: Moon dust could help reduce solar radiation to mitigate climate change impacts  (Read 455 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Study: Moon dust could help reduce solar radiation to mitigate climate change impacts

Scientists at the University of Utah explored the potential of using the lunar particles to shield sunlight before it reaches our planet.
By Chris OberholtzSource FOX Weather

After Orion completed its final lunar flyby, the spacecraft fired up its engines to set it on course for its return journey back to Earth.

A recent study suggests that moon dust might help slow the rise in Earth’s temperature caused by climate change.

Scientists at the University of Utah explored the potential of using the lunar particles to shield sunlight before it reaches our planet.

For decades, researchers have considered using screens, objects or dust particles to block just enough of the sun’s radiation – between 1% and 2% – to mitigate the effects of global warming, a journal published Wednesday in PLOS Climate stated. Now, they have analyzed different properties of dust particles, quantities of dust and the orbits that would be best suited for shading Earth.

Ben Bromley, professor of physics and astronomy and lead author of the study, joined a team of astronomers who applied a technique to study planet formation around distant stars.

https://www.foxweather.com/earth-space/study-moon-dust-solar-radiation-climate-change-impacts
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

After Orion completed its final lunar flyby, the spacecraft fired up its engines to set it on course for its return journey back to Earth.

Isn't that polluting the universe to stop polluting earth? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Moon dust" ??

Is that kinda like "Fairie dust"...?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Angel Dust would accomplish the same ends.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If these idiots want to commit suicide, I wish they would not take the whole planet with them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

But they got paid good taxpayer money for their useless "research". So mission accomplished...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 03:19:26 am by DB »